As an Outreach Specialist you will work directly with vulnerable and underserved communities, identifying their material issues and assisting their efforts at self-organization, resistance, and education. This is a relationship-focused position, requiring you to have strong interpersonal skills, the ability to empathize with people of greatly varied experiences, and an appreciation for community-centered solutions.
● Organize and manage social service programs that promote health and wellness within a community.
● Conduct research and assessments to determine the community's needs, thoroughly plan events and programs, participate in hiring staff and volunteers, and liaise with sponsors and suppliers.
● Document and progress reports, preparing necessary documentation, managing. schedules, arranging appointments, and even responding to inquiries and concerns.
● Identify and foster relationships with existing community leaders and organizers.
● Support ongoing community programs with logistical and material coordination.
● Recognize emerging issues and leaders and create frameworks for community organizers.
● Develop and lead educational programs designed to improve community leadership capacity.
● Weekly outreach within the community.
● Organize and attend monthly events within the community.
● Participate in Town Hall meeting.
● Provide on call crisis response to community violence.
● Provide 24-hour on-call street outreach work.
● Meet with clients in the community to provide advocacy support.
● Lived experience in the communities we serve.
● Bachelor's degree in social services (preferred).
● Strong interpersonal and communications skills.
● Experience facilitating large groups and seminars.
● Ability to foster emerging leadership.
$50,000 - $50,000 per year