Hotel Manager-Mountain Ridge Lodging
Job Description-Hotel General Manager
Mountain Ridge Cabins and Lodging in Hatch, Utah is looking to hire our seasonal staff for the summer. Our family owned and operated properties are looking for motivated crew members to join our team! The seasonal position starts in April and continues through October. We offer competitive pay, great work environment, and employee housing if desired. Join our great team this season and receive an end of season bonus and other perks throughout the season.
We are located 25 minutes to Bryce Canyon National Park and 50 minutes to Zion. We are 1.5 hours away from 6 national parks and monuments. This is a great opportunity to get away for the summer, explore the parks, and take advantage of discounted housing.
We are looking for a Hotel General Manager able of attending to our facilities with integrity and attention to detail. The goal is to create a clean and orderly environment for our guests/staff that will become a critical factor in maintaining successful day to day operations.
· Supervise work at all levels (front desk staff, housekeeping staff, maintenance, etc.) and set clear objectives that ensure smooth day to day operations
· Plan activities and allocate responsibilities to achieve the most efficient operating model through efficient and cost-effective means
· Manage budgets/expenses, ordering, analyze and interpret financial information and monitor sales
· Communicate with customers when appropriate (welcome them in the facilities, address their complaints, find solutions to problems, offer information etc.)
· Deal with maintenance issues, shortages in staff or equipment, renovations etc.
· Collaborate with external parties such as suppliers, travel agencies, local restaurants, etc.
· Inspect facilities regularly and enforce strict compliance with health and safety standards
· Work 4-5 Front Desk shifts including room inspection duties, check-ins, some laundry tasks
· Manage housekeeping training, scheduling, deep cleaning procedures, and ensure company standards are being met throughout all aspects of the property.
· Fulfill other duties in the event of short staffing or illness including assisting with housekeeping, laundry, front desk if necessary.
· Be on-call 24/7 in the event of guest emergencies or late check in problems
· Assist in welcoming seasonal staff, checking employees into employee housing, managing employee housing of 5 units and up to 5 RV sites.
We offer an end of season bonus based on property financial performance, property standards being met, staff turnover and overall effectiveness of role. This is discussed further during interview process.
Explore the Nearby Bryce Canyon National Park (25 minutes), Red Canyon Scenic Area (15 minutes) or Zion National Park (50 minutes). We are also located next to the Dixie National Forest which has endless ATV trails, access to lakes, and great hiking trails. Hatch is adjacent to the Sevier River which makes for great kayaking and floating.
Onsite housing is located on property or a short 5 minute walk away. A private studio style room or RV Site is available. While we do not provide meals, we offer a 50% discount on food at our Saloon and Coffee Shop. Our property is equipped with high-speed wireless internet so you can stay connected, TV, and HDMI cord to connect your devices. As a bonus, we offer a great end of season bonus upon completing the season. Laundry is available. Housing cost is included with Management role. Pets are negotiable with deposit.
Job Type: Full-time, Seasonal (option)
Salary: $38,000-42,000 per year plus bonus potential
Start Date: April 1st
Proven experience as Manager including use of a wide variety of skills/tools
Ability to work with little supervision and maintain a high level of performance
Customer-oriented and friendly
Work with employees in a friendly but effective manner to ensure positive experience and outcomes.
Prioritization and time management skills
Working quickly without compromising quality in times of need
Ability to drive golf cart throughout property
Ability to lift 50lbs
Willingness to be on-call for emergency issues
$38,000 - $42,000 per year