Zunch Labs is a rapidly growing telecom workforce and field services company based in Plano, Texas that offers its employees a clear path for advancement, top industry compensation, work-life balance, diversity, and team-building activities and events.
The Company: Each day, Zunch Labs Telecom Solutions connects people to meaningful work across the wide range of telecom skills and is on the cutting-edge of the 5G and digital transformation of the telecom sector and we are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- Our goal is to be the partner of choice for the world’s leading telecom service providers by helping them create, build, and maintain the most innovative, reliable, and cost-effective telecom systems and to meet their needs through the rapid deployment of their products and services.
- We believe in finding, retaining, and providing the best telecom talent to serve our customer's needs and to inspire and implement the best telecom workforce solutions.
The Position: We’re looking for an OSP Engineer with NDS Experience. The pay range we’re offering is $48k to $70k. We offer a generous compensation plan based on industry standards and your experience.
- We proudly offer comprehensive and competitive benefits programs to our employees and their families.
- Medical – company pays 80-90% of employee cost and contributes to over half of dependent premium.
- Dental and Vision – company pays 60% of employee cost and 50% of dependent premium.
- FSA – Flexible Spending Account.
- HSA – Health Savings Account.
- Employer paid basic life, short term disability, and long-term disability for eligible employees.
- 401k Plan – day one eligibility; company match; fully vested – no waiting period.
- High school diploma.
- Some college preferred.
- Telecom experience preferred.
- 1-year related experience.
- Ability to write, hear, understand, and respond appropriately to verbal requests made in person and over the telephone in English.
- Ability to travel between job sites and material depots.
- Occasional overnight travel may be required.
- Willing to work during days/nights/weekends and be on-call depending on project demands.
- Knowledge of NDS and AutoCAD and/or project management preferred.
- Strong technical knowledge and skills.
- Ability to occasionally learn and operate customer based proprietary software and other computer systems to expedite and facilitate the work order process.
- Knowledge of construction and planning procedures.
- Ability to read and comprehend engineering schematics.
- Basic financial skills to assist in making sound business decisions.
- Applies acquired job skills and company policies and procedures to complete assigned tasks.
- Responsible for designing and developing outside plant equipment installation, modifications, and upgrades using industry standard construction methods in aerial, underground, and buried environments.
- Supports designs of line setup and staking specifications, and cable and line extensions.
- Assist in the planning, analysis, and recommendations in support of new construction of outside plant network structures and facilities.
- Supports and assists with state, local, and federal permit preparation.
- Responsible for obtaining right-of-way use approval.
- Responsible for acquiring field data.
- Responsible for all as-built changes and updates to drawings.
- Taking measurements, determining Right-of-Way (ROW).
- Creating field notes.
- Identify obstructions which may impede construction.
- Field verification of addresses.
- Experience with CenturyLink/Lumen is a plus.
The Location: This position is based in Chicago, Illinois.
Why Should You Apply?
- Top industry compensation plan.
- Great benefits.
- Work-life balance.
- Opportunities for on-the-job training.
- Clear path for advancement.
- Quality of management and coworkers.
- Collaborative and forward-thinking team.
- Team spirit.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zunch Labs Telecom Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.