Zunch Labs is a rapidly growing telecom workforce and field services company based in Plano, Texas that offers its employees a clear path for advancement, top industry compensation, work-life balance, diversity, and team-building activities and events.
The Company: Each day, Zunch Labs Telecom Solutions connects people to meaningful work across the wide range of telecom skills and is on the cutting-edge of the 5G and digital transformation of the telecom sector and we are known for the great care we take with clients and employees alike.
- Our goal is to be the partner of choice for the world’s leading telecom service providers by helping them create, build, and maintain the most innovative, reliable, and cost-effective telecom systems and to meet their needs through the rapid deployment of their products and services.
- We believe in finding, retaining, and providing the best telecom talent to serve our customer's needs and to inspire and implement the best telecom workforce solutions.
The Position: We’re looking for a CAD Drafters that have a professional demeanor, thrive in a fast-paced work environment, and have strong research skills. The pay range we’re offering is $48k to $65k. We offer a generous compensation plan based on industry standards and your experience.
- We proudly offer comprehensive and competitive benefits programs to our employees and their families.
- Medical – company pays 80-90% of employee cost and contributes to over half of dependent premium.
- Dental and Vision – company pays 60% of employee cost and 50% of dependent premium.
- FSA – Flexible Spending Account.
- HSA – Health Savings Account.
- Employer paid basic life, short term disability, and long-term disability for eligible employees.
- 401k Plan – day one eligibility; company match; fully vested – no waiting period.
- Proficient in MS Office; including Excel, PowerPoint, Word, and Outlook.
- Experience reading blueprints, conduit prints and floor plans.
- Experience reading permits.
- Must have excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills for interfacing with different work groups internally or externally.
- Be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Must be self-motivated and self-starter.
- Looking for someone with experience in Microsoft Office including Excel, Word, and Power Point.
- Advanced computer skills or CADD or drafting experience a plus.
- NDS design experience a PLUS.
- Required - High School Diploma.
- Preferred - Associates Degree or 1-2 years of equivalent training and experience.
- Proficiency in AutoCAD, base-mapping, GIS and layering, fundamental knowledge of Outside Plant, running line, conduit and cable design for copper, fiber optics, coax, manholes, hand holes, Make-Ready Engineering, and poles (aerial and underground).
- A thorough understanding/ experience in the Outside Plant telecom industry, public right-of-way, private easements, existing utilities such as water, sewer, electric, gas, and other underground and aerial utilities.
- Knowledgeable in city, county, state, and local municipalities encroachment permits, Traffic Control and specialty permits (e.g., UPRR, Caltrans, etc.), easement right away and various environmental permits are highly desired.
- Must be able to interact with the local municipalities, Telco engineers and construction/maintenance forces to acquire OSP Records, ICGS, Assessor Maps, map info, AIS, and Construction Prints.
- Site surveys, translating field notes to develop and update conduit/ cable engineering design drawings in AutoCAD.
- Sitting for extended period while viewing a computer monitor and performing various desk work.
- Dexterity of hands and reaching to operate keyboard/calculator and file documents.
- Occasional lifting and carrying of up to 25 lbs.
- Vision requires eyesight sufficiently strong enough to permit extended close work and normal color perception.
- Hearing and speaking to exchange information.
The Location: This position is remote.
Why Should You Apply?
- Top industry compensation plan.
- Great benefits.
- Work-life balance.
- Opportunities for on-the-job training.
- Clear path for advancement.
- Quality of management and coworkers.
- Collaborative and forward-thinking team.
- Team spirit.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Zunch Labs Telecom Solutions is an equal employment opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by law.