**This is a part-time, contract position.**
The Quality Assurance Tester possess excellent technical, project management and communication skills, superior knowledge of product testing, reviewing and reporting of findings on a timely basis as well as technical delivery and approval requirements of all platforms the products may be launched on (Sony, Microsoft, Nintendo, Steam, GOG, Epic Game Store, and Amazon Luna.)
Scope of Services:
- Test, analyze, and document in-development builds of games and game ports for expected core functionality – including but not limited to:
- Configuration of options and settings
- Documenting reproduction steps of encountered errors/bugs
- UI feedback
- Display aspect ratio and framerate troubleshooting
- Controller support documentation
- General performance feedback
- Emulator and plugin compatibility and functionality
- File saving and loading
- Analyze and report on general market readiness and fidelity of reproduction to the original versions of ported games
- Identify ways to improve player experience of tested games through suggestions for potential software configuration improvements and suggestions for key documentation to include with the game to ensure it is enjoyable for a modern audience
- Document and record any research performed on a title in the course of testing in support of Ziggurat's efforts to bring the product, its documentation, and its surrounding marketing materials to the best possible quality
- Send clear reports with all necessary verbal and visual documentation for reproduction of errors, questionable/unacceptable user experiences, and other experiences worthy of report (including standout moments and imagery that may inform or support the game's marketing materials) in the course of testing
- Send analyses of the user experience in testing a game, including how that experience might inform Ziggurat's production of the game, supplements included with the game, market and genre positioning, marketing materials, and marketing strategy
- Play older games we acquire when asked for review and possible technical compatibility issues.
- Alpha, Beta, GM reviews for new games.
- Perform Special Projects as available and mutually agreed upon.
Required Equipment: PC Computer with an Operating System of Windows 10 or above. Must have the ability and/or software to capture screenshots and gameplay footage at a smooth framerate.
Bonus Points for:
- Scripting or coding knowledge
- Unity knowledge
- At least one shipped game or app on console/PC/mobile
- A passion for video gaming industry
Start Date: ASAP
Hours: 15-20 Hours per Week.
Compensation: $16-18.00 per hour.