Retail Sales Associate Job Responsibilities:
- Provides an exceptional customer experience according to customer service standards. Proactively seeks out customers in order to determine needs and sell items
- Manages the complete operations of the kitchen. Maintains proper storage, prep and service procedures and maintains all equipment and workspaces to ensure sanitary conditions
- Represents the culinary program in the community by building relationships with local restaurants and developing new class content in partnership with the Managing Member
- Seeks opportunities to increase cooking class and retail sales and works with MM to engage retail employees
- Develops, plans and executes cooking class content, including creating recipe booklets, posting class announcements to website and social media accounts, and managing bookings
- Stays informed by maintaining product knowledge, accesses available training and seeks out additional resources when necessary
- Consistently follows all Zest Billings LLC policies and standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Greets and receives customers in a welcoming manner
- Processes a variety of transactions accurately and efficiently via the Point of Sales System (POS) including, but not limited to, sales, returns, online order fulfillment, price checks etc
- Records time worked, accurately and according to Zest Billings policy
- Alerts management of potential security and safety issues
- Ensures the safety of customers, employees, and company assets. Notifies MM of any and all safety risks
- Additional responsibilities as assigned
- Ability to communicate verbally and work cooperatively with employees and customers
- Ability to remain in a stationary position for up to 3 hours at a time
- Ability to move about the workplace selling to customers and retrieving merchandise from storage and/or sales floor
- Ability to grab, reach, push, pull, bend, stoop, kneel and crouch in order to demonstrate, retrieve and/or replenish merchandise
- Ability to work a varied schedule including nights and weekends as business dictates
- Ability to ascend/descend stairs and ladders in order to retrieve and/or move merchandise
- Ability to work a varied schedule in order to teach classes at different times of the day, week and year
- Ability to operate a computer, POS system, keyboards, merchandise scanners and mouse in order to accomplish work.
- Regular, reliable and predictable attendance.
- Ability to lift and/or move merchandise weighing up to 35 lbs
Relevant Work Experience
We know that great chefs come from many different backgrounds, but experience in managing a commercial kitchen is key to this position. Candidates with 3 years of commercial kitchen experience, with at least 1 of those years being in management, will be given preference.
Work Hours and Benefits
Benefits (eligible after 3 months):
- Paid sick leave
- Employee discount
- 401k match up to 4%
- Direct primary care plan, dental, and vision
- Short and long term disability
- Life insurance policy
- Flexible and supportive work environment.
This position is for 24-32 hours per week. Candidates must be available both weekends and weekdays and some evenings for special events. We post schedules one month at a time, and most of our employees work the same shifts from week to week.