XFactor.io is revolutionizing traditional Go-to-Market strategy and execution by transforming customers’ Annual Operating Plan into an Always Operating Plan. XFactor.io’s X Platform is the world’s only intelligent Go-to-Market Platform with constant sales performance monitoring, real-time “next-move” recommendations, simulation modes, confidence scoring, and live analytics. With AI-powered modeling and an on-demand council of industry experts, XFactor.io enables you to make more intelligent go-to-market decisions to mitigate risks and increase bottom-line value.
The Director of Engineering plays a critical role building, guiding, and supporting the team in solving the most impactful technical challenges; leading and supporting engineering managers and engineers in their career development and growth; and balance overall strategy, roadmaps, security, privacy, team morale, technical debt, and customer needs.
This role requires 50% hands on tactical, technical coding and architecture work. Remaining 50% managing engineers with tactical and strategic leadership responsibilities.
What’s In It For You
- Fully Remote with occasional travel
- Growth and stretch role encouraged to be coached and mentored for exponential growth during and after this role.
- Opportunity to be challenged in a patient and empowerment driven environment fostering the culture to take risks and pivot quickly
- Less than 10% occasional travel required to meet with teams for collaboration and team building.
Skills and Talent Required
- Lead, hire and grow a high-caliber team of frontend and backend engineers and their managers.
- Develop strategic direction for customer enablement engineering and team culture considering reactive and proactive approaches.
- Cultivate a culture of blame-free incident analysis and learning.
- Identify, prioritize, and execute against opportunities to support and enable engineering teams with availability, performance, efficiency, resiliency, organizational change, incident response.
- Lead and implement a roadmap that delivers the features, scale, and reliability our largest customers need, as well making the system more resilient and enable every engineering team to ship more reliably, safely, efficiently with privacy and security by design.
- Drive large initiatives by collaborating across multiple teams and partners.
- Communicate effectively with team members, peers, and executive management.
- Coach and mentor engineers and peers to propagate reliability best practices across engineering as a whole
- Provide strategic technical and architectural leadership from end-to-end solution: whiteboard, to prototype, POC, to final product.
- Data architecture, modeling, and transformation. Including ETL integrations.
- Consider the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
Experience behind you
- Business systems process expertise within the software / SaaS industry, especially within Sales and Go-to-Marketing functions.
- Expertise in analyzing and developing solutions to highly complex problems.
- Demonstrated capacity to develop innovative solutions, systems, and products to support company objectives.
- Demonstrated ability to serve as a technical authority within the organization and with customers.
- Comfortable with the 10K ft view as well as diving into the details
- Regularly consider business lens and tradeoffs even for deeply technical engineering problems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Management Information Systems, Engineering or related.
- 7+ years engineering management experience. Prior management of teams across the stack (frontend, backend, IaaS, and PaaS)
- 7+ years of experience developing full stack products and applications in PHP, Java, C++, Python, Ruby, .NET or similar.
- 7+ years of experience with API development and integrations such as REST-based Web Service APIs, the Bulk API, and the Metadata API
- 7+ years of experience incorporating front-end technologies, including JS frameworks like React, Bootstrap or Angular, CSS3 and HTML5 jQuery and LESS
- 5+ years experience with the MEAN tech stack with Python and both structured and unstructured databases in containerized architectures.
- 10+ years in software engineering or hands-on site reliability engineering of large-scale, fault-tolerant distributed systems
- Demonstrated experience with ETL, data structures, SQL, PostgreSQL, MySQL, and similar.
- Familiarity with DBMS technology, including, Oracle, MongoDB and MySQL and caching mechanisms such as Redis, Memcached and Varnish
- Expert architect of major distributed SaaS Platforms (GCP, Azure, AWS, etc.) for scalability including security and privacy best practices
- Experience concurrently leading multiple teams and managers.
- Your technical depth allows you to develop and mentor others as well as build credibility with your team.
- Experience building and supporting production quality software and owning projects from end-to-end.
- Experience interacting with customers, senior executives, and business leads.
- Ability to effectively communicate business issues and needs at a senior leadership level and how technology supports those requirements.
- Experience establishing and measuring KPIs/OKRs or team goals.
- Comfortable leading multiple and often contending priorities including making and communicating decisions.
- Experience with CI/CD, observability
- Strong verbal and written communication, attention to detail, and organization
- Strong proficiency with UI/UX and prototype design