Full-stack Node.js Developer, 3D
Wrapmate is entering the next chapter of its evolution to build the most innovative & robust vehicle customization platform in the world. We are seeking the best & brightest developers to lead this charge.
For this role, we seek a full-stack Node.js developer with demonstrated 3D experience. This developer will join our engineering team and help us write the next chapter of our story.
This position is a remote-first position, but is only available to candidates authorized to work in the U.S.A. Compensation for this role is $111k/yr - $189k/yr DOE, as well as a competitive benefits package, based on experience.
- Implement, refine & maintain product features that support our public-facing 3D configurators.
- Work closely with the design team to develop, enhance & support asset delivery pipelines, ensuring seamless & efficient hand-offs between & design and engineering.
- Evaluate, propose and solution new, innovative ways our 3D configurators can be leveraged, both by customers and by the internal Wrapmate architectural ecosystem.
First and foremost, you must be passionate about software development and care as deeply about improving existing systems as you do about building something entirely new (because you will be doing both).
Next, the qualified candidate must have:
- 5+ years building web applications; 3+ of those years should be atop Node.js
- 2+ years of experience implementing 3D functionality in web applications in the browser via WebGL, utilizing one or more libraries (three.js, Verge3D, etc.)
- Good communication skills, and be able to work closely with both your technical and non-technical counterparts in the organization, always increasing clarity and reducing ambiguity.
- Experience with web frameworks (Angular, React, Ember, etc.) is a plus.
- Foundational knowledge of both relational/SQL and document/NoSQL database design & implementation.
- Experience with various database platforms in either/both categories (eg. MS-SQL, MySQL, PostgreSQL, REDIS, MongoDB, Amazon DynamoDB) is a plus.
- Foundational knowledge of 3D concepts (lighting, cameras, rendering, shaders, morphing, textures, scenes, post-processing, etc.) and tooling (3DS Max, Blender, etc.)
- Experience with physics & animation is a plus.
We definitely want to chat with any qualified candidates that also have:
- participated in the development of any multi-product web-based 3D configurators.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
- As a member of the engineering team, collaborate, plan & execute the implementation of our vehicle customization platform.
- Adhere to / expand upon the software, tools & libraries currently in play and ensure we implement in a way that is robust, scalable, secure, redundant, and complies with industry best practices.
- Take ownership of product & feature delivery, developing & releasing in a manner that increases deployment frequency, while reducing cycle time & change failure rate.
- Mentor & lead the junior engineering staff to ensure their contributions are meaningful to our delivery so that they grow as developers.
- Expand upon the SDLC foundation currently adopted by our growing engineering team, ensuring processes integrate with source control, employ CI/CD, utilize unit testing, schedule code reviews, and include documentation with deliverables.
Headquartered in Denver, Colorado, Wrapmate is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regards to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
We do not accept unsolicited agency resumes. We will not pay fees to any third-party agency, outside recruiter or firm without a mutually agreed-upon contract and will not be responsible for any agency fees associated with unsolicited resumes. Unsolicited resumes will be considered our property and will be processed accordingly.
This position is only available to candidates legally authorized to work in the U.S.A. We are unable to sponsor H1-B Visas at this time.