Providing wound and ostomy care services in multiple settings including acute care, home care, and hospice. The wound and ostomy nurse will utilize the nursing process to improve outcomes, to assure appropriate resource utilization, and support discharge planning and continuity of care for individuals.
1. Care Coordination and Service Delivery:
· Provide direct nursing care to patients with select disorders of the gastrointestinal, genitourinary, and integumentary systems in accordance with established policies, procedures, and protocols of The Wound Company and utilizing current standards of practice and best practice guidelines
· Implements patient care plans and monitors when indicated
· Monitor, record and communicate patient condition as appropriate.
· Coordinates services with other clinicians when appropriate, supports and advices nursing staff in care of patients with incisions, wounds an ostomies
2. Follows Regulatory Guidelines:
· Care is within reimbursement guidelines (i.e., homebound, skilled, medically necessary, or consultant only when required) and follows regulatory requirements (i.e., MD orders for all care)
· Receives appropriate third-party payer authorization for ongoing care as necessary.
· Maintains professional relationships with patients, families, coworkers, and other job contacts.
3. Clinical Excellence:
· Maintains skills and certification requirement in specialty program field of Wound and Ostomy Nursing as well as the general field of nursing.
· Maintains BLS/CPR certification for direct patient care
· Attends at least 8 hours of in-services/workshops specific to wound and ostomy per annum
· Completes all required education by customers
4. Documentation and Communication:
· Written and verbal communications are expressed clearly and concisely.
· Documentation for medical record and other agency personnel is complete, accurate, timely and meets client/agency and regulatory requirements.
· Evaluates and participates in the development of processes, policies, procedures, and protocols/guidelines for care of patients with incisions, wounds and ostomies. Recommends revisions when warranted.
· Provides leadership in the design of quality improvement initiatives to optimize outcomes of care for patients.
· Educates, manages, and supervises CWON/CWOCN Field and Virtual Clinical Specialists and Clinical Associates.
$112,000 - $125,000 per year