Hybrid position helping WPUSA's Finance and Operations teams
Program Operations Associate needed at an established nonprofit doing great work in the South Bay!
Are you an inquisitive and detail-oriented individual with a commitment to racial and economic justice? Are you motivated to help an operations and executive team stay organized and get things done? If so, Working Partnerships USA is seeking a Program Operations Associate to help ensure compliance with the programmatic, financial, and administrative requirements for existing and new programs. The Program Operations Associate will demonstrate the ability to solve problems, implement policies & procedures, and juggle competing priorities.
· Full-time, exempt, with opportunity for advancement over time.
· Hybrid work, with two days/week required onsite in San Jose, Ca.
· Annual Salary: $70,500-77,500
· Generous benefits package including full family health insurance, dental, vision, and 401(k).
Key Responsibilities of the Program Operations Associate
● Lead programmatic and financial reporting on government- and foundation-funded programs.
● Provide administrative and financial reporting support to supportive services programs.
● Assist with the development of new proposals and grants.
● Develop program budgets in coordination with program and finance teams. Provide budget-to-actual reporting.
● Follow up on funder ad hoc requests as needed.
● Learn the program, financial, and administrative requirements of government- and foundation-funded programs under consideration (city, county, state, federal, and foundation).
● Provide monthly or periodic invoicing for government-funded programs, including maintaining complete documentation of expenses for audit purposes.
● Develop systems, policies, and procedures to ensure timely and accurate reporting, and provide reports to stakeholders on program deliverables.
● Provide training to program staff as necessary on systems, policies, and procedures.
● Coordinate with program staff and payroll to ensure timely, accurate reporting of time cards.
● Provide support to programs, finance, and HR as necessary.
● Other duties as assigned & related to the position.
● Demonstrated commitment to social, racial, gender, economic, and environmental justice.
● Extremely detail-oriented self-starter – you pay attention to detail and thoroughly check work.
● Problem solver – demonstrated ability to work with a variety of people with competing priorities; with complex or unclear guidance; with new programs still being developed – and able to develop a solution.
● Strong verbal and written communication skills
● Experience with basic financials – budgets, profit & loss statements/statements of financial activity, grant accounting.
● Strong skills with Microsoft/Google software suites (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Forms).
● 2+ years of administrative and/or non-profit program experience.
● Experience with principles of non-profit accounting.
● Experience with Xero, Gusto, and/or Divvy.
● Experience with contracts/programs administered by one or more of the following: County of Santa Clara, City of San Jose, State of California, U.S. Department of Labor.
Additionally, all Working Partnerships USA employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination as a condition of employment, or a written request for reasonable accommodation due to medical disability or sincerely held religious belief.
About Working Partnerships USA
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for family-sustaining jobs, stable and affordable housing, healthy communities, and a democracy where all our voices are heard.
Our campaigns take on some of the leading issues of our time — the gig economy, the housing affordability crisis, the tech industry’s impact on our communities, the future of work. Our work draws national attention and shapes conversations and campaigns across the country.
Working Partnerships USA is an equal-opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category.
The position will be open until filled and starts immediately.
Working Partnerships USA strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities.
$70,500 - $77,500 per year