Hybrid HR Generalist position at social justice-focused nonprofit
Are you an organized and detail-oriented individual, with a commitment to racial and economic justice? Do you have a background in Human Resources and People Operations, and are looking to make the next step? If so, Working Partnerships USA is seeking a motivated individual to join our team as a Human Resources Generalist.
The HR Generalist Position
· Regular, full-time, exempt position with opportunity for advancement over time.
· Hybrid work schedule, with two days required onsite at the WPUSA office in San Jose, Ca.
· Annual Salary of $75,500-$97,500.
· Generous benefits package is offered including full family health, dental, vision, and acupuncture/chiropractic insurance; paid vacations and holiday leave; and 401(k) with employer contributions.
• Administer and process: hires, separations, benefits, workers’ compensation, leave of absence requests, return-to-work program, etc.
• Process biweekly payroll cycles for salaried and hourly staff.
• Manage benefits for staff, including enrollment, reconciling monthly billing changes, COBRA, and remaining well-versed in all insurance options, make suggestions for new brokers/insurance carriers as needed, drive open enrollments and information dissemination.
• Process 401(k) new enrollments, non-discrimination testing, open enrollments, rollovers, and loans. Facilitate meetings between our employees and financial planning experts/401(k) advisors.
• Assist with full-cycle of recruitment, including onboarding and offboarding for all employees.
• Act as administrator for performance review cycles, for both new staff and annually for all staff
• Organize & lead staff outings - fun activities, potlucks, happy hours, etc.
• Develop and Implement policies & procedures for core HR functions, and assisting with transition to new HR systems when necessary.
• Ensure compliance with all policies, procedures and standards in accordance with federal and state regulations.
• Maintain employee records and files in accordance with state and federal requirements.
• Assist with employee relations issues.
• Support and engage staff in their work advancing Working Partnerships USA's priorities.
• Create reports from payroll software for HR department projects.
• Periodically attend seminars to remain up to date with compliance and employment law.
• Serve on the safety committee and on initial response team.
• Other duties as assigned by supervisor.
• Detail-oriented, highly organized.
• Sensitive to confidential information and ability to keep personnel issues and information confidential.
• Ability to be objective across all protected classes.
• Must be able to work independently and exercise independent, mature judgement.
• Intermediate computer skills, including excellent Excel skills, solid in Word and PowerPoint
• Bachelor’s degree.
• 5 years of human resources-related experience.
• Some human resources coursework or PHR/SHRM-CP certification.
• Familiarity with Gusto.
• Familiarity with other HR cloud systems.
Additionally, all Working Partnerships USA employees are required to provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination (and booster, if eligible) as a condition of employment, or a written request for reasonable accommodation due to medical disability or sincerely held religious belief.
Working Partnerships USA is a community organization bringing together the power of grassroots organizing and public policy innovation to drive the movement for a just economy. Based in Silicon Valley, we tackle the root causes of inequality and poverty by leading collaborative campaigns for family-sustaining jobs, stable and affordable housing, healthy communities, and a democracy where all our voices are heard.
Our campaigns take on some of the leading issues of our time — the gig economy, the housing affordability crisis, the tech industry’s impact on our communities, the future of work. Our work draws national attention and shapes conversations and campaigns across the country.
To apply, please send your resume and cover letter to [email protected] with “HR Generalist” in the subject line.
Working Partnerships USA is an equal opportunity employer that does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, disability, gender, nationality, ethnicity, sexual orientation, or any other prohibited category.
Working Partnerships USA strongly encourages women, people of color, LGBTQ, and all qualified persons to apply for this position. We believe that these communities must be centered in the work we do. Hence, we strongly encourage applications from people with these identities or who are members of other marginalized communities
$75,500 - $95,599 per year