The Studio Facilities Coordinator will support the day to day operations of WAM's studios and teaching facilities.
About Women's Audio Mission: Women’s Audio Mission (WAM), is a San Francisco-based nonprofit dedicated to the advancement of women and gender-expansive individuals in music technology and digital media production, a field in which these individuals are critically underrepresented (less than 5%). WAM uses music and media to attract 4,000+ women/girls/ gender-expansive individuals a year to creative technology studies/careers, and believes that women/gender-expansive individuals’ participation in creative technology will expand the voice of music and media, ensuring that women/gender-expansive individuals' views and ideas are conveyed in popular culture. Founded in 2003, WAM has grown exponentially to serve 50+ school partners across three school districts and includes two recording studios we own in San Francisco, an educational lab space in Oakland, and global reach online to 30+ countries. WAM’s staff consists of teaching artists, audio professionals, and passionate, hard-working individuals in a combination of full time, part time, and contract roles.
Watch videos about WAM: wam.rocks/videos
Position Summary: Reporting to the Studio Director, the Studio Facilities Coordinator will support the day to day operations of WAM's studios and teaching facilities as needed. The Coordinator will provide general administrative support including managing studio booking, scheduling, facilities maintenance, supporting instructional tech needs and client communications. As called upon, the Coordinator will provide occasional tech and administrative support to WAM events. This is an hourly part-time position in the range of 10-20 hours per week as needed.
The successful applicant will be someone who is passionate about our mission of advancing women, girls and gender-expansive individuals in the fields of music, media and technology. They will be absolutely reliable, timely and dependable, attentive to detail, and a patient, mature problem solver and communicator.
Primary Objectives and Responsibilities:
Studio Coordinator (20 hours per week) examples of duties
· Report to Studio Director for all studio administration responsibilities
· Provide administrative support for the studio e.g. session scheduling/troubleshooting, booking, client communication, etc.
· Manage facilities upkeep and ongoing regular tasks at WAM locations (equipment installation and repairs, computer and digital device management, stocking studio supplies, setting up equipment for classes, trash management in studio, etc.)
· Work with the Studio Director to maintain and constantly improve the studios' workflow and environment
· Provide necessary on-site administrative staffing in support of all sessions and classes as directed
· Computer equipment tracking, and software update management for studio and WAM training facilities
· Assist in preparation and planning for WAMCon, Adult Education and Girls on the Mic Workshops as needed
· Set up any required technology for conferences and classes, both in-person and virtual, for WAMCon, Adult Education and GOTM (Girls on the Mic) Workshops,
· Collaborate with WAM staff to curate and coordinate artists for Local Sirens Artist Residencies and Concert Series, etc.
· Bachelor's degree or work equivalent.
· Strong troubleshooting skills and ideally basic familiarity with audio/video systems,
· Evidence of strong organizational skills,
· Knowledge of MS Office Suite and Google organizational platforms
· Demonstrated experience working with a wide variety of clients
· Exceptional communication skills: written, oral, and interpersonal.
· Nimble team player willing to roll up their sleeves and keep a sense of humor under stressful work deadlines.
· Must be able to show proof of COVID-19 vaccination
· Must be eligible to work in the United States.
Location: This position requires work in both our San Francisco and Oakland facilities, with possible travel throughout the greater San Francisco Bay Area.
Women's Audio Mission is an equal opportunity employer and committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Applicants from the San Francisco Bay Area and who identify as Black, Indigenous, and/or people of color and trans/gender-expansive are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please do not call or email about this position.