JOB TITLE: Dish Attendant
REPORTS TO: Sous Chef
Wash and clean tableware, pots, pans, and cooking equipment. Maintain a clean and organized work area.
ACTIVITIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Wash dishes, glassware, flatware, pots, or pans, using a dishwasher or by hand.
- Keep the dishwasher clean and maintained, and immediately report any functional or mechanical problems to the Kitchen Manager.
- Monitor dishwasher water temperature to ensure a sanitary wash cycle.
- Maintain adequate levels of dish detergents and cleaning supplies.
- Place clean dishes, utensils, or cooking equipment in storage areas.
- Maintain adequate levels of clean tableware for the dining room and kitchen.
- Handle tableware carefully to prevent breakage and loss.
- Maintain kitchen work areas, equipment, or utensils in clean and orderly condition.
- Clean food preparation and production areas as required.
- Sort and remove the trash, placing it in designated pickup areas.
- Clean garbage cans with water or steam.
- Sweep or scrub floors.
- Receive and store supplies.
- Stock supplies, such as food or utensils, in serving stations, cupboards, refrigerators, or salad bars.
- Transfer supplies or equipment between storage and work areas, by hand or using hand trucks.
- Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offer suggestions for improvement.
- Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
- Fill in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
- Prepare and package individual place settings.
- Load or unload trucks that deliver or pick up food or supplies.
- Commercial use dishwashers, glass washers, pot-washing machines, power washers
- Drying and draining racks
- Soap dispensing brush
- Wet mops
- Trash compactors
- Hand trucks, Lifts, or accessories
- Handheld thermometers, remote reading thermometers
DISH ATTENDANT SCORECARD
NOTE: Here's how we'll assess your progress and determine your success during your initial 90 days at W&E Downtown Diner. This approach ensures that all expectations are laid out clearly from the start. By presenting everything in a comprehensive manner, you'll have a full overview of what's required and what skills are essential for the role. Our goal is to provide you with a vivid understanding of the job's scope and responsibilities. This approach will help us establish a strong foundation for your journey here.
DISH ATTENDANT MISSION:
As a Dish Attendant at Winnie & Ethel's, your mission is to play a crucial role in ensuring the seamless operation of our dining experience by helping to maintain a clean and organized environment, which in turn directly impacts the overall satisfaction of our guests.
Training Mastery: Demonstrate mastery of positional training before the first day of business.
Food Safety & Cleanliness Standards: Ensure that all food safety and kitchen cleaning standards, as defined by regulating bodies, the Head Chef, and the General Manager, are upheld 100% of the time by completing daily required checklists and recording them promptly as directed.
Speed & Quality: Ensure both the Front and Back of House (BOH & FOH) teams have everything they need in terms of preparation, cooking, dish, and service wares by staying on top of the dishwashing requirements. Achieve an average dish breakage rate of 3% or less.
Timeliness & Preparedness: Arrive at least (5) minutes before your scheduled start time and begin work on time and fully prepared 100% of the days you are scheduled.
Collaboration & Core Values: Collaborate seamlessly with BOH and FOH teams to maintain a smooth dish operation during service. Consistently demonstrate Winnie & Ethel’s core values of efficiency, fairness, happiness, respect, and contribution.
Attention to Detail: Thoroughly clean and inspect all items delivered to the dish area to maintain presentation and sanitation standards.
Team Collaboration: Work harmoniously with the front and back of house staff to ensure efficient operations.
Adaptability: Adjust to changing demands and high-paced periods effectively.
Time Management: Handle tasks promptly while maintaining quality.
Initiative: Identify and assist in tasks that contribute to the overall team's success.
- Knowledge of proper commercial dishwashing techniques and sanitation procedures.
- Familiarity with commercial kitchen equipment and appliances used in dishwashing.
- Ability to follow directions and communicate effectively with team members.
REQUIREMENTS + QUALIFICATIONS
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Previous experience in a kitchen or hospitality environment. Experience as a dish attendant in a high-volume, full-service restaurant is a plus.
- Physical ability to stand for extended periods, bend, and lift up to 50 lbs repeatedly.
- A positive attitude and a willingness to learn and grow within the role.
- Flexibility to work shifts, including evenings and weekends.
- Must have a current SNHD Food Handler card.
This may be either a full-time or part-time position based on business needs, with the flexibility required based on peak service hours and special events. We offer competitive compensation and a positive work environment where you can contribute your skills and learn from a talented team.
ABOUT WINNIE & ETHEL’S
Modeled after the iconic, round-the-clock American eatery of the 1940s, Winnie & Ethel’s Downtown Diner draws upon the rich history and legacy of Las Vegas’ Huntridge Theater and neighborhood. Chef Aaron Lee and CEO Mallory Gott named the restaurant after his grandma Winnie and her great-grandma Ethel whose warm, loving kitchens were always open.
One of six finalists chosen from nearly 90 submissions to compete in Dapper Companies’ The Great Las Vegas Coffee Shop Giveaway – Winnie & Ethel’s was announced the winner of the Huntridge Shopping Center location and $950,000 contest award package in May 2022 and will be opening its doors in fall 2023 to deliver delicious food in an astonishing space, creating a welcoming place where the downtown Las Vegas family can gather, break bread, and forge bonds that build community—any time of the day or night.