As an experienced paraprofessional educator who is passionate about hands-on, vocational enrichment activities for young adult students and as our Habilitation Specialist, you will play a collaborative role in ongoing activities at our Wide Horizons Training Center. We support neuro-diverse persons to maximize their independence and employability along their vocational growth and learning paths.
This position reports to the EVOLVE Program Coordinator and has many aspects of support for our Participants such as job coaching, presenting content from our MyFullLife™ curriculum, chaperoning community outings, facilitating group sessions and meetings at the center, participating in assessments and goal planning sessions with the Participants and their families.
Additional duties can include administrative support at the center and some light-duty housekeeping. Direct mentorship opportunities are also available. Activities occur both in the center and out in the surrounding communities.
● Present MyFullLife™ curriculum or other habilitation skills as assigned to participants in a group or one-on-one setting
● Assess Participant needs and provide feedback to design and implement plans that may include personal and vocational counseling, training, and job placement.
● Lead Participants during community outings and / or volunteer events
● Attend and contribute to goal setting sessions
● Provide job coaching and or mentorship as assigned
● Prepare and maintain records and files of program and Participant activities
● Provide moderate administrative support to the CEO at the center
● Provide and direct light housekeeping activities of Participants at the center
Skills, Knowledge, and Attitude for Job
● Bachelor's degree (desired)
● Experience working with learners with intellectual and developmental barriers (preferred)
● 5+ years of paraprofessional experience with young adults (age 19+ preferred)
● Excellent written and verbal communication skills
● Strong problem solver and independent self-starter
● Open to feedback and willing to adapt to new technologies
● Deal calmly and effectively with stressful situations by maintaining composure and using tact, patience, and courtesy
● Utilize intermediate computer skills for word processing, spreadsheet, and related software programs
● Maintain excellent attendance and punctuality
● Maintain confidentiality
● Maintain high moral standards
$15.5 - $20 per hour