Are you looking for a supportive and creative environment to build on your therapy skills? Are you looking for independence in your schedule and a job environment that fosters autonomy? Do you want to work for an employer who cares deeply about your own personal boundaries, self-care, and work/life balance? Are you passionate about providing clients with the highest level of care, while focusing on client-centered, humanistic, and integrative treatments? Then Whitestar Wellness, S.C. might just be the place for you! We are hiring an outpatient mental health therapist.
Responsibilities for Mental Health Therapist
- Provide high quality, compassionate and ethical outpatient mental health therapy to clients as scheduled.
- See a minimum of 10 clients a week.
- Complete clinical documentation within 48 hours of date of service (recommended to be completed daily)
- Actively participate as a positive member of the clinical environment.
- Maintain good standing with the appropriate board and insurance entities.
- Complete all recommended continuing education requirements
- Stay current with updated research and best practices.
- Be aware of community referral sources and refer when necessary.
- Secure client information per HIPAA standards.
- Maintain case files within electronic health record (EHR) that are up to date as described in the Job Expectations handout.
- Perform other duties as assigned (including but not limited to completion of Social Security/Disability forms, authorization and billing forms, phone calls, and participating in case consultation meetings).
- Attend regular supervisions and seek out continued professional growth
Qualifications for Mental Health Therapist
- Valid license as an APSW, LCSW, LPC-IT or LPC.
- Please note, if an LPC-IT you must first check with your board and get pre-approval to be supervised by an LCSW.
- Maintain professional licensure and/or certification throughout employment with this agency
- Skill in applying varied interventions with individuals/families in crisis
- Ability to work as a team member and cooperatively
- Superb organizational skills
- Skill in working independently and implementing time management strategies
- Skill in working with a variety of cultures
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Able to establish and maintain effective working relationships with mentally or emotionally disabled persons and their families
- Ability to provide necessary self-care
- Knowledge of and adherence to professional code of ethics
Education and Experience:
- A masters or doctoral degree in Social Work or Counseling
- Licensed within the State of Wisconsin and credentialed with at least three insurance companies (once hired).
- Previous experience with mental health counseling protocol, and/or knowledge of EHR are desirable but not required
· Free Clinical supervision by a licensed LCSW and support in achieving your licensure goals if you are an APSW. LPC-IT’s can also inquire and supervision may be able to be completed with prior approval by DSPS.
· Monthly contribution towards health care coverage
· IRA contribution
· Autonomy and flexibility of schedule
· Access to billing specialist/billing completed for you
· Access to EMR system and telehealth platform