We are a collection of culinary experts and enthusiasts that believe in the power of food to heal, unite, and celebrate! As a boutique catering service, we pride ourselves on offering a fully customizable experience that empowers our clients to create a dining experience that reflects their uniqueness.
Our commitment is what makes us stand out in the crowd. Our passion for creative culinary excellence is reflected in our commitment to our clients, partners, teammates, and community. Every day we strive to be better, never settling for good enough and always putting people first.
- Completing all tasks, in order, on the prep list from the Head Chef or other kitchen manager
- Labeling and stocking all ingredients on easily accessible shelves
- Washing, chopping, and sorting ingredients like fruits, vegetables, and meats
- Measuring quantities of seasonings and other cooking ingredients
- Parboiling food, reducing sauces, and starting the first steps in various dishes
- Cleaning dishes, washing cooking utensils, and cookware taking out the trash, and sanitizing the kitchen
- Adhering to all relevant nutrition and sanitary regulations and standards
- Keeping track of ingredient inventory and collaborating with other kitchen and management staff to order resupply
- Be a team player by persevering, being reliable, respectful, resourceful, and calm under pressure.
- Superior dexterity skills to operate cutting tools quickly and safely
- Keen understanding of industry-standard best cooking and preparation practices
- Familiarity with safe and sanitary food handling and preparation
- Certified in proper food handling, ideally through a ServSafe Certification
- Good math skills with a clear understanding of cooking measurements
- Strong sense of smell and taste
- Excellent organizational, time management, and multitasking skills
- Great collaboration and teamwork skills
- Effective communication skills
- Excellent customer service
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Vision, Health, and Dental Insurance
Paid time off
Commercial Catering Kitchen and Event Venues
Prep Cook: 2 years
What The Chef is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace diversity and celebrate the unique experiences of all people. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, or genetic information.