Essential Job Duties:
- Read and understand drawings and documentation (architectural drawings, signal flows, scope of work, etc.)
- Lead a team of installation technicians to perform the installation according to We Know IT standards.
- Cable pulling according to industry standards.
- Proper cable termination (crimp, solder, captive screw, etc.)
- Project documentation to include proper cable labeling, gathering of equipment information (serial numbers, MAC addresses, installed firmware version, etc.)
- Structural mounting and rigging of audio video equipment according to approved standards with safety as priority.
- Set-up, test, calibrate and commission complete systems according to project scope of work and We Know IT standards.
- Installation of projectors, screens, displays and speakers with various mounting structures and equipment mounts.
- Equipment rack build and wiring according to industry standards and best practices.
- Ability to communicate effectively with other team members and our clients.
- Ability to understand project documentation and work without specific directions to accomplish the installation within the necessary deadlines.
- Demonstrate a desire to learn new abilities and grow within the industry and your position.
- Safely use and operate the tools required to accomplish the project.
- Ability to properly run cable with labeling and support structure.
- Ability to properly terminate cable.
- Ability to load and test control systems code and work with a remote programmer.
- Ability to properly set gain structure for an audio system.
- Understanding of various DSP platforms.
- Ability to train end users on operation of installed equipment.
- Ability to travel 50% or more.
- Valid driver’s license with clean driving record.
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 2 – 4 years of installation experience
- Avixa CTS Certification required
- Avixa CTS-I Certification preferred (must be able to attain within six months of start date)
- OSHA 10-Hour or OSHA 30-Hour Certification
- Various manufacturer certifications/trainings (Crestron, AMX, Biamp, QSC, Extron, etc.)
- Ability to sit or stand for prolonged periods of time.
- Must be able to safely work off a ladder, scaffolding or ariel work platform at heights up to 40+ feet.
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds.
- Ability to bend, squat and kneel as needed.
- Ability to use hand and power tools in a safe and efficient manner.
- Must be able to see and distinguish different colors, read small print, and hear/recognize audible signals such as dial tones.
- Ability to pass drug screening and background check.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified. All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Equal Employment Opportunity:
We Know IT provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.