We are looking for an experienced Optician who can fit into our scheduling mix and cover/fill shifts between five Chicagoland area offices. The ideal candidate will have at least two years of Opticiary experience in fast-paced Optical environment. Customer service and great attitudes are a must!
At HTNB LLC (DBA “Vision Boutique” & “West Loop Eye Care”), we have one mission; the wellbeing of our patients. As one of the last remaining Optometrist-owned practices in the Chicagoland area, our organization is growing and we are searching for a friendly, inviting and detail oriented Optical Manager to join our team!
We offer our patients a world-class customer service experience partnered with the latest technology and high-fashion eyewear. The Optical Manager is the centerpiece to our retail locations and drives customer satisfaction, employee development, and store growth. The ideal candidate for this role will have previously managed an optical practice and have experience selling high-end designer products.
This role will directly supervise staff within their assigned retail location.
- Achieve store sales goals and quotas while attending to patients’ specific needs and desires
- Ensure every guest is provided an exceptional client experience, remedying any complaints or concerns directly
- Ensure that staff is guiding clients and patients into the best eyewear and providing coaching and development opportunities about aesthetic choices in frames
- Process payments and enter patient data into Revolution EHR software with precise accuracy
- Take and record measurements, adjust and fit eyewear, and execute finite details with precise accuracy
- Coach, mentor, and train staff on company best practices and sales techniques to drive individual store sales volume
- Routinely educate staff on products, offerings, and technical requirements of the optician role, specifically how to measure fitting, proper billing and invoicing techniques
- Additional duties as assigned
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining professionalism
- Ability to demonstrate leadership through having prior management experience in the vision care setting
- Ability to plan and implement sales strategies as well as directing a sales team
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and remain fluid with changing business needs
- Possess an in-depth knowledge of eyecare and eyewear products, services, and routine maintenance
- Possess business acumen and etiquette when interacting with employees and customers
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
- High school diploma or GED required; some college experience
- ABO certification highly preferred
- 1-3 years in optical management experience required
- 1 -3 years of customer service experience in retail sales required; 3-5 years of customer service experience highly preferred
- Basic computer skills required (Microsoft Office, Windows, Google Suite, etc.)
- This role requires frequent sitting, standing, bending, leaning, and fine manipulation of small handheld optical devices
- You may be required to lift up to 15 pounds at times
This role does require frequent travel to different locations based on training and staff needs.
Vision Boutique / West Loop Eye Care provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
$21 - $24 per hour