The Electrode Technician is expected to perform ink mixing, coating, and other associated tasks. This individual will become knowledgeable of the processes in their assigned Value Stream. The ideal candidate must be able to follow standardized documents, exercise independent judgment while also approaching problem-solving with a hands-on method. This technician must be able to effectively communicate with the cross-functional engineering teams. This technician should be creative, self-motivated, able to handle multiple project assignments within a fast-paced engineering organization.
The Electrode Technician is responsible for a variety of tasks, including setting up the machinery, tool setup, maintenance, changeover, repair, performing preventative maintenance, operating the machine, performing quality checks, recording data, and keeping the work cell clean, organized and in good working condition.
Core Duties and Responsibilities
- Work safely and promote safety during all daily activities. Following and ensuring strict safety procedures and safety checks is critical.
- Detailed measurement of materials based on ink recipe. Mix chemicals to make solutions for electrode manufacturing.
- Familiarity and ability to use various lab equipment/instrumentation (scale, mixing equipment, O2 sensors, etc.)
- Compositing base material in preparation for coating. Operate all coating equipment including coating stations and inspection stations.
- Work with other Technicians as a Team to complete all tasks of daily production schedule.
- Follow all principles and practices of ink mixing and/or slot die coating application.
- Observe machine gauges and equipment operation to detect defects.
- Ensure quality standards and processes are followed.
- Proper cleaning and maintenance of equipment. Perform housekeeping for machines and department to maintain clean and organized work area.
- Setup, operate and perform preventative maintenance on equipment. Setup and maintain tooling to ensure quality and life of tooling.
- Repairing or replacing faulty equipment.
- Organize, record, and label prepared electrodes.
- Execute electrochemical characterizations of electrodes.
- Utilize Excel to plot and present data.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions, make recommendations, and implement.
- Ensure data accuracy, and detailed test records. Enter results in a database (manual data entry).
- Become familiar with key performance parameters.
- Communicates with engineering staff to resolve design details and problems.
- Manage and execute as needed a variety of warehouse/materials functions including picking, packing, shipping, receiving, inventory transactions and more.
- Assist with quality control with the evaluation of new materials.
- Assist engineering with the qualification of new product designs.
- Represent Versogen in a professional manner at all times and in all interactions.
- Perform all other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience
- Associates or vocational engineering degree preferred.
- Chemistry, Chemical engineering degree preferred.
Required Competencies, Skills, and Experience
- Familiarity with the operation of inspection and control systems.
- Excellent hands-on ability with basic tools, building and setting up workbench.
- Sense of safety. Experience of following standard operating procedures.
- Ability to troubleshoot problems and assist with adjustments/fixes to maintain efficient throughput and quality.
- Computer skills as applicable to position, including Word, Excel, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to effectively communicate with diverse audiences.
- Proven capability to work independently and as part of a cross-functional team.
- Must be driven and self-motivated and possess a strong attention to detail.
- Must possess the highest ethical standards and a strong commitment to work quality.
- Ability to manage multiple tasks in a fast-paced, collaborative, team environment.
Preferred Skills, and Experience
- Working experience in chemical labs. Knowledge of handling chemicals.
- Familiarity with ink mixing and/or coating methods like gravure, screen printing or slot-die.
- Experience with electrochemical testing.
- Experience with disposing chemical wastes.
Competitive salary and benefit package which includes:
· PTO (Paid Time Off)
· Employer paid Health/Dental/Vision plans
· Life Insurance
· 401k plan with company match
Versogen, Inc. is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Versogen participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.