Versogen is a leading company of anion exchange membrane (AEM) technologies based in Newark, Delaware. Our goal is to decarbonize the energy, chemical and manufacturing sectors with our breakthrough AEM electrolyers that produce green hydrogen at scale - reliably and affordably. We are looking for a Chemical Production Assistant to join our team. https://versogen.com
The successful candidate will conduct the processing and production of polymer resins. Able to accomplish assigned work with little or no supervision with the ability to effectively communicate observations of the production to management. The right candidate will have the ability to maintain inventory of the final product in a meticulously organized way, while maintaining a neat and safe manufacturing environment. Must possess excellent organization skills.
Responsibilities will be:
· Processing of polymer resins
· Set up, mix, receive, store, deliver and dispense production chemicals
· Performs the prescribed chemical or biological procedures, in production environment
· Ensures adherence to established internal rules and guidelines, and to EHS standards
· Maintaining laboratory equipment and glassware clean
· Maintain detailed inventory of polymer
· Collecting waste of all streams, and transporting them to the collection and processing points
· Maintain batch tracking
Production experience a must
Chemistry/chemical engineering associate or undergrade degree with 2 years’ experience or equivalent work experience in the industry with 5 years of experience
· Must be legally authorized to work United States
· Able to lift up to 50 lbs. occasionally.
· Experience in working with hazardous materials (e.g., strong acids, hazardous chemicals).
Job Type: Full-Time, must be legally authorized to work in the US.
Hours: 7AM-3PM or 12PM -7PM, some weekend work when needed
Versogen is committed to providing Equal Opportunity in Employment, to all applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, military status, veteran status, handicap, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any other characteristic protected by law. Versogen participates in E-Verify. We will provide the U.S. Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the U.S. Department of Homeland Security (DHS) with information from each new employer’s Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.