As we expand our efforts to provide safe and well-maintained living spaces for individuals in recovery, we require a dedicated professional who is adept in residential electrical systems and remodeling work. This position offers the chance to play a crucial role in the enhancement of our sober living homes, ensuring they are not only up-to-date with electrical standards but also contribute positively to the recovery journey of our residents.
- Execute electrical tasks associated with residential remodeling, including but not limited to interior remodels, updating and replacing electrical devices, rewiring circuits, and removing outdated systems like knob and tube wiring.
- Install new electrical devices and circuits as required for renovated rooms or newly converted spaces, ensuring all work is up to code and meets safety standards.
- Collaborate with the construction and renovation team to coordinate electrical work with other stages of the remodeling process.
- Troubleshoot and resolve electrical issues in a timely and efficient manner.
- Ensure a clean and safe working environment at all times, adhering to all safety policies and procedures.
Required Qualifications & Skills:
- Electrician's License (preferred, not required)
- Proven experience with residential electrical systems, particularly in a remodeling or construction context.
- Familiarity with a wide range of electrical work including installation, maintenance, and repair.
- Strong understanding of current electrical codes and safety standards.
- Ability to read and interpret electrical blueprints and drawings.
- Excellent problem-solving skills and detail-oriented work style.
- Capacity to work both independently and collaboratively within a team.
- Empathy towards individuals in recovery and a commitment to fostering a supportive living environment through quality workmanship.
- A valid driver’s license, reliable transportation, and own set of tools.
Benefits: This position is benefit-eligible after a 30-day introductory period, which includes paid time off, health insurance, and dental insurance. A performance evaluation will be conducted after the initial 30-day introductory period, potentially leading to a salary increase reflective of your contributions and achievements.
Vanderburgh House is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Qualified electricians who share our values and vision for supporting community recovery are encouraged to apply.