Underground Telecom Laborer
Underground Telecom Laborer - COLORADO
Underground Telecom Labor performs various manual labor-type tasks at the worksite to assist crew members such as loading and unloading supplies and materials, cutting brushes, digging ditches, and assisting in preparing materials for the Lineman to install.
· Performs construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing, and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground.
· Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial lifts mounted on trucks.
· Uses test equipment to check for gas in manholes; may be required to empty water and other debris from manholes.
· Dismantles, moves, and removes aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment, and hardware.
· Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
· A CDL (Commercial Driver s License) is preferred when driving a bucket truck or aerial lift truck.
· Responds with sound judgement to unusual and hazardous circumstances.
· Maintains responsibility for verifying the condition of all vehicles, equipment and tools provided for use in the performance of work.
· Substantial travel is required.
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
Verifiable business references are required
· Medical insurance, including dental and vision
· Paid vacation and holidays
· Opportunity for growth and advancement
Valhalla Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Women, Minorities, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume to [email protected] for consideration. Only those qualified applicants with a provided resume will be contacted.
$17 - $21 per hour