Telecom Ground Hand
Telecom Ground hand - COLORADO:
Telecom Ground hand performs construction efforts for new construction, maintenance, and rebuild projects. As a Telecom Ground hand, you have the chance to develop your Lineman and fiber construction skills, to be a part of a team in a productive, safety-minded environment.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION:
The essential functions of this position require prioritizing and completing all assigned tasks in a timely and efficient manner, adjusting for changing priorities and availability of resources, and demonstrating initiative in identifying additional job-related tasks to be completed when time permits.
· Repairs and maintains major cable system and structures such as broken lashing, replacing, or re-sagging aerial strand, pole transfers, down-guys, aerial to underground conversion, substructure repairs and cable replacements related to system outages, maintenance, rebuilds and emergencies or hazards.
· Reads and interprets work orders
· Performs construction work such as digging holes, climbing telephone poles, placing, and removing poles and anchors, pulling and stringing wire/cable from pole to pole, laying cable and conduit in the ground.
· Operates power equipment such as compressors, pumps, blowers, hydraulic diggers, and hydraulic aerial lifts mounted on trucks.
· Uses test equipment to check for gas in manholes; may be required to empty water and other debris from manholes.
· Dismantles, moves, and removes aerial, underground or building wire, cable associated equipment, and hardware.
· Able and willing to work outdoors and in inclement weather conditions.
· A CDL (Commercial Driver s License) License is preferred when driving a bucket truck or aerial lift truck.
· Responds with sound judgement to unusual and hazardous circumstances.
· Maintains responsibility for verifying the condition of all vehicles, equipment and tools provided for use in the performance of work.
· Substantial travel required.
Must be able to lift up to 75 pounds
Verifiable business references are required
· Medical insurance, including dental and vision
· Paid vacation and holidays
· Opportunity for growth and advancement
Valhalla Industries Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Drug Free Workplace. Women, Minorities, and Veterans are encouraged to apply.
Please submit a resume to [email protected] for consideration. Only those qualified applicants with a provided resume will be contacted.
$18 - $21 per hour