This is a full-time contract position for an initial 6-month term. It is subject to renewal and, potentially, conversion to a salaried role.
As Operations Manager, you will be a key part of the Urban Juncture Foundation team advancing our work in several core areas:
Administration. Executing a variety of administrative tasks, including licensing, insurance and permitting required for the operation of our enterprises. Managing and maintaining databases of accounts, individuals and organizations. Providing event planning and management support as needed.
Finance. Managing day-to-day financial activities and reporting in collaboration with our external accountants, financial partners and other key stakeholders, while supporting outreach to donors and other resource providers.
Site management. Managing our site team’s efforts to maintain and improve our facilities on 51st Street and 43rd Street as well as various utility providers.
Construction support. Supporting our capital improvement efforts at The Forum, Bronzeville Cookin’ and Boxville by helping manage contracts and related grants.
Project management. Assisting project leader in advancing key initiatives and managing improvement projects across Build Bronzeville.
Capabilities & Skills Needed
- Passionate about revitalizing Bronzeville;
- Excellent finance and administration skills with strong detail-orientation;
- Entrepreneurial, solution-oriented mindset;
- Strong understanding of enterprise fundamentals and challenges;
- Familiarity with City of Chicago licensing, permit, and regulatory processes;
- Strong communications skills;
- Self starter, collaborative, and flexible;
- Able to work effectively with people from a range of backgrounds and with diverse styles;
- Strong project management and organization skills, with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects;
- Sound judgment; values-driven;
- Familiarity with development and construction processes is a plus.
The Operations Manager will be based in our offices at the Bronzeville Incubator.
Strong candidates will have:
Minimum 5 years full‐time work experience that has required B2B and/or operations-related areas
Operations or accounting experience with a grant‐making foundation,
Bookkeeping, accounting or operations