Urban Juncture Foundation works closely with Urban Juncture, Inc. to employ local, deeply-rooted culture and commerce to revitalize our community, with a focus on the CTA Green Line transit hubs at 51st Street and 43rd Street. On 51st Street our revitalization platform is cuisine and our ‘Build Bronzeville’ initiatives include Engage Bronzeville, The Bronzeville Incubator, Boxville®, and Bronzeville Cookin’. On 43rd Street our platform is artistic performance and we are working to rehabilitate The Forum, which contains Bronzeville’s oldest assembly hall, and to create a hub of cultural performance.
As Operations Director, you will be a key part of the Build Bronzeville leadership team, advancing our work in several core areas:
- Finance. Managing day-to-day financial activities and reporting in collaboration with our external accountants, financial partners, and other key stakeholders. Managing construction finance and real estate tax transactions. Supporting efforts to secure capital to fund our community revitalization initiatives.
- Administration. Developing operational procedures and helping manage Urban Juncture’s growth. Working with our office administrator and other colleagues to execute a variety of administrative tasks, including licensing, insurance, and permitting required for the operation of our enterprises. Communicating and explaining new directives, policies, or procedures to managers. For major changes, meeting with operations staff to explain changes, answer questions, and maintain morale.
- Site management. Managing our site team’s efforts to maintain and improve our facilities on 51st Street and 43rd Street as well as various contractors and utility providers.
- Partner development. Working with colleagues to identify and develop community, corporate, foundation, and public sector partners around shared community revitalization aspirations and initiatives. Projecting a positive image of the organization to team members, customers, and industry and community partners.
- Project management. Identifying and facilitating improvement projects across Build Bronzeville initiatives and within our adjacent neighborhoods.
- Team Supervision. Participating in the hiring and training of departmental managers. Organizing and overseeing the work and schedules of departmental managers. Conducting performance evaluations that are timely and constructive. Handling discipline and termination of employees as needed and in accordance with company policy.
Capabilities & Skills Needed
- Passionate about revitalizing Bronzeville.
- Excellent finance and administration skills with strong detail-orientation.
- Entrepreneurial, solution-oriented mindset.
- Strong understanding of enterprise fundamentals and challenges.
- Familiarity with City of Chicago licensing, permit, and regulatory processes.
- Strong communications skills.
- Self starter, collaborative, thoughtful, and flexible.
- Able to work effectively with people from a range of backgrounds and with diverse styles.
- Strong project management and organization skills, with ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects.
- Masters degree in Business Administration welcomed.
- Deep connection to Chicago's South Side communities.
- Sound judgment; values-driven.
- Work is performed in an office environment and requires the ability to operate standard office equipment and keyboards. Must have the ability to sit prolonged periods of time, walk short distances, and/or drive a vehicle to deliver and pick up materials.
- Must be able to lift up to 15 pounds at times. Strong candidates will have 15 or more years experience in operations-related areas with supervisory responsibilities.
This is a year-round, full-time position based in our Bronzeville Incubator offices. No phone calls or drop-ins, please.
Urban Juncture Foundation is an Equal Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, age, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, gender identity or any other factor protected by applicable federal, state or local laws.
Job Type: Full-time
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL 60615: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
Willingness to travel: