Senior Interior Designer - San Francisco Bay Area
Passion, Purpose, Partnership, Professionalism, And Lots Of Coffee
Clients love us and our work. We attribute success to our steadfast belief in our four P’s:
● Passion – be the life force of design, bring vitality and joy to every project;
● Purpose – act in earnest, seek to create with honesty and meaning;
● Partnership – work together, utilize team strengths & skills to be successful; and
● Professionalism – do a bang up job, strive for nothing less than our best.
You will be a critical part of our core team and have a huge influence in the design of projects. We will compensate you well and commensurate with your experience and abilities, invest deeply in your professional development, learning, and growth within the firm, and do everything we can to support you and each other. The average tenure of our design team is over 9 years with Urban Chalet. We provide health/vision/dental benefits/401k, paid vacation and generous holidays. Most importantly, you’ll be highly involved in creating exciting concepts for projects and working to bring them to life. You will be an integral part of a design team, with responsibilities and experiences that you simply wouldn’t get at most other design firms.
We’ve embraced a remote, work from home culture and practice recommended health and safety protocols when visiting a project site, vendor location or having in-person meetings. We successfully work collaboratively coast to coast in a primarily remote environment, and business travel to major metropolitan cities for projects is a great perk.
We are hiring a Senior Interior Designer, who must have 5-7 years experience designing for BOTH commercial and residential spaces in an architecture, interior design, or other commercial design related company. You will be a team player and an integral part of our Commercial Healthcare Design Team, based in the San Francisco metro area but travelling nationwide to our project locations. If you have design experience for commercial healthcare environments, that's a big plus.
Duties will include:
● Developing design concepts in collaboration with your design project team
● Producing both conceptual and finished design presentations
● Production of design documents for all project stages, from schematic concepts to construction documentation
● Producing space plans, elevations, furniture plans, lighting plans, and sections
● Performing product and material research
● Managing or coordinating with product vendors and shipping / receiving companies
● Procurement of product samples
● Mentoring and advising staff, assigning and reviewing work
● Preparation of product and furniture specifications
● Assistance on job sites and overseeing and performing project furniture installation
● Working closely with the Accounting Department to manage product orders, process payments, coordinate returns, and support of strong vendor relationships
We are seeking team members with the following qualifications:
● Must have experience in commercial office interiors, with healthcare commercial projects a plus
● Excellent organizational, planning and time management skills, with attention to detail and ability to work independently and as part of a remote team
● Self-motivated, able to prioritize deliverables, and proactively seeks direction or help from the team when needed
● Strong verbal, listening and written communication skills
● Desire and ability to travel nationwide multiple times each year
● B.S. or B. Arch. degree in architecture, interior architecture, interior design, or related field
● High proficiency in AutoCAD, including the ability to:
● High proficiency in Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign)
● High proficiency in SketchUp, or another basic 3D modeling tool
● High proficiency in Microsoft Office, especially Excel spreadsheets, including formulas, formatting, and information entry
● Strong knowledge of FF&E brands and products
● Knowledge of local and national artists, fabricators, and makers
● Experience and knowledge of Google Suite and Slack for team collaboration
● Experience and knowledge in a SketchUp compatible rendering plug-ins is a plus
● Experience and knowledge to research and coordinate with product vendors, makers, fabricators, and installers
● Knowledge of ADA requirements to assist with commercial space plan layouts
● Knowledge of construction materials and methods
● Knowledge and ability to coordinate with structural, mechanical, and electrical engineers or other trades
If you are a good fit for our team, we’d love to hear from you.
Please apply by submitting all three:
1. cover letter specifying how one or two of your project experiences match our needs, AND what about Urban Chalet resonates with you;
2. resume; and
3. portfolio / work samples / link to your website
Start by clicking on "Apply for Senior Interior Designer". We look forward to getting to know you!
Job Type: Full-time
We’ve embraced a remote, work from home culture and practice recommended health and safety protocols when visiting a project site, vendor location or having in-person meetings. Our clients require proof of full vaccination, including booster evidence as applicable, before you visit their project site, and adherence to their safety protocols.
$75,000 - $80,000 per year