Under the direction of the Director of Uche Okolie Counseling, the Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) will provide direct services including individual, couples, family, and group therapeutic services to clients, including assessments, treatment plans, and discharge planning. The Licensed Clinical Social Worker coaches clients in handling ongoing health conditions, providing therapy interventions to make positive behavior changes.
Job Location: Los Angeles, CA - This position is Remote; Must be licensed in California and/or Massachusetts.
Job Type: Part time, Contract
• Maintains weekly scheduled appointments in our electronic records systems
• Provide therapeutic services to clients and their families
• Work in collaboration with team members as required, including external partners
• Completes required documentation and paperwork including treatment planning and implementation in a timely manner • Demonstrates cultural competency and commitment to clients
• Demonstrates commitment to the philosophy of the agency
• Maintain case load of up to 35 patients weekly
• Provide leadership and instruction to volunteers and/or less experienced staff as needed.
• Engage in speaking engagements as required
• Maintenance of professional license requirements
• Other duties as assigned
All employees are expected to provide the very highest level of service to our clients and their families. In addition, their work ethic is expected to reflect the inclusive values and moral principles inspired by its founder.
Requires a Master's Degree in Social Work or related field from accredited university, and a valid license in good standing to practice in California and/or Massachusetts.
· Warmth and ability to connect/develop therapeutic relationships
· Able to maintain a confidential telehealth sessions with appropriate technology · Committed to professional development and ongoing learning
· Private-practice minded (independent, flexible, excellent customer service)
Other Qualifications: 1) knowledge of electronic medical records; 2) knowledge of community resources for referral 3) ability to pass background check 4) additional clinical certifications
Minimum two years post-licensure
• Working knowledge of Clinic policies and procedures.
• Knowledge of state governing policies and filing requirements.
• Licensed Clinical Social Worker (LCSW) or License Marriage and Family Therapist (LMFT) from the California Board of Behavioral Sciences.
• Experience supervising unlicensed staff.
• Knowledge and experience with evidence-based practices, including trauma informed care framework.
• Knowledge and experience working with co-occurring populations (chronic health conditions,
• mental health and substance use) with emphasis on adults in marginalized communities.
• Strong clerical/administrative skills including personal computer skills (Microsoft Office software).
• Ability to make routine decisions and determine proper action based on experience within the limits of policy and procedures.
• Demonstrated oral/written skills
• Ability to work effectively with people of diverse cultures, ages, and economic backgrounds in a cultural competent and sensitive manner.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. We embrace and encourage differences in age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender identity or expression, national origin, physical and mental ability, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, and other characteristics that make our employees unique. We encourage and welcome
$60,000 - $144,000 per year