Two Roosters Ice Cream is a handmade ice cream company based in the Triangle. We take a lot of pride in our shops and our ice cream is a reflection of the local communities that we love and serve. We're looking for friendly, inquisitive go- getters to scoop ice cream this summer and beyond. Our scoopers are the heart, soul, and the face of our company, so we strive to take care of each other so that we can take care of our guests.
As part of employment, we are requiring all team members to be willing to work a maximum of 8 Durham Bulls games during their season. This does not mean that you will be required to work every Durham Bulls game, only those that you are scheduled for, which could fall between 0 and 8 games. Some staff who enjoy Durham Bulls games will work more than 8 games but the management team will talk with everyone individually about the requirement.
Display consistent, world-class hospitality
- Greet and thank every customer
- Offer customers samples, menu suggestions, and toppings with a smile
- Scoop scoops and mix shakes with care
- Maintain composure during busy times
Articulate what's unique about Two Roosters: our ingredients, our partners, our people
- Be inquisitive and quick to share what you know and learn
- Keep our in-store music playlists fun and lively (and kid-friendly!)
Be attentive to keep shop looking clean and organized and fully stocked
- Continually stock ice cream, waffle cones, and merchandise as it's purchased
- Operate cash register and follow cash handling procedures
- Wash tubs and dishes throughout your shift
- Keep shop clean and tidy: inside and out, front and back
- Respect health, safety, and sanitation guidelines
- Have clear communication skills and a professional, friendly attitude
- Must love ice cream and appreciate how serious we are about it
- Be at least 16 in order to work some late nights
- May through September must:
- Be available 15+ hours a week
- Have no planned absences longer than 7 days in a row
- Be available to work all but two weeks
- Be available to work at least 2 weekend shifts for at least three weekends each month.
- Ability to lift 50lbs on a regular basis
- Have access to a phone that can text and make calls
- Have access to the internet
- Have reliable transportation to any of our triangle area locations
- Willingness to pick up shifts in other shops on occasion strongly preferred
- Be able to work up to 8 Durham Bulls games
- We have a $15/hr wage guarantee, after an initial probationary period of 30 days. For scoop shifts this means a base rate plus tips will be at a minimum, $15 per hour. Employees are eligible for incremental, merit-based raises.
- We cover 50% of our group medical, dental, and vision insurance plan premiums for employees that work more than 30 hours per week as a 30-day average. New employees become eligible for coverage the first day of the month following completion of the 30-day waiting period. A spouse and children may be insured on company plan at employee's expense.
- Eligible for Paid-Time-Off after working 1,000 hours. PTO is calculated based on length of service and earned on a pro-rated basis.
- 401k with employer match. We match 100% of the first 3% of the employee's contribution, plus 50% of the next 2%. Employees are eligible for 401k participation when they have worked at Two Roosters for 1,000 hours.