219 Design is a dynamic and innovative company specializing in product development. For almost 20 years, we’ve been helping companies invent products that change the world. As a Technician, you will play an important role in maintaining our shops and labs and helping companies develop products that push the boundaries of possibility, challenge the status quo, and change the world we live in. Our clients are leaders in industries that include medical devices, surgical robotics, industrial automation, consumer electronics, merchandising, automotive, transportation, and more.
Join our dedicated team and be part of our mission to develop groundbreaking technology that positively impacts the world.
Work will be split between our Mountain View and San Francisco offices. 10-25+ hours per week, during office hours (M-F between 9am-6pm).
- Comfortable working with basic shop tools (e.g. drill press)
- Proficiency with hand and power tools
- Good mechanical assembly skills
- Good soldering and electrical assembly skills
- Able to walk, bend, stoop, balance, crawl and reach
- Comfortable and able to work on a ladder up to 15 feet
- Authorized to work in the US without sponsorship
- High School or GED
- Driver's license
- Help the office and shop to run efficiently by performing maintenance and cleanup tasks requested, and taking initiative to make improvements.
- Help assemble/build prototypes, using hand and power tools as well as rapid prototyping technologies such as 3D printing.
- Maintain shop and lab facilities (regular maintenance and troubleshooting).
- Prepare and implement preventive maintenance schedules.
- Set up new equipment and ensure proper working order.
Assemble furniture, hang pictures and shelving, etc.
- Run local errands as needed.
- Assemble, rework, and test circuit boards and wiring cables
- Able to design, build, and debug basic circuits and mechanical assemblies
- Able to fabricate prototypes using shop tools including milling machine, drill press, lathe, and hand tools
- Familiarity with 3D modeling software (Solidworks and/or OnShape)
- Design and CAD skills