We’re seeking a highly motivated and independent early-career scientist to provide hands-on support to our laboratory team. Lab activities include production, purification services, and product development. A well-grounded foundation in molecular biology will be essential for success, and a candidate with 1-3 years of lab experience would be preferred. TriAltus is a start-up biotechnology company and offers tremendous opportunity for growth and broad-based experiences in other aspects of the business.
The TriAltus team is lean, with the CEO, lab director, technicians, business staff (and you!) working closely together. Ability to work in a small, collaborative startup environment is a must.
- Working with senior scientists to support production and development – this is hands-on laboratory work that will include cell culture, assays, cloning and DNA work, electrophoresis, protein purification.
- Maintain product inventory.
- Preparation of common reagents/solutions, buffers, and media.
- Wash and sterilize lab ware.
- Maintain overall cleanliness in areas of responsibility.
- Administrative duties including: managing biohazard waste pick-up, liquid nitrogen and CO2 refills, purchasing, maintaining inventory, database maintenance.
- Help writing protocols and SOPs.
- Participate in team meetings to identify and solve problems
- Keep a detailed and up-to-date lab notebook.
- Support for customer fulfillment if needed (packaging and shipping).
- Other tasks as assigned.
The Skillset: experience in some or all of the following
- A BS or BA in a relevant field (e.g., biology, chemistry, biochemistry, molecular biology) and 1-3 years of experience in a laboratory setting is ideal.
- Molecular biology skills (cloning, PCR, site-directed mutagenesis, polyacrylamide and agarose gel electrophoresis, protein purification, column chromatography).
Cell work: E. coli, mammalian cell culture, insect or yeast cell culture.
- Protein expression and purification.
- Strong written and oral communication skills.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel).
- Organized and detail-oriented.
In one month, you will have:
- Gained an understanding of TriAltus’ technology and products.
- Learned current production processes and new skills as needed for lab support work.
In three months, you will have:
- Gained expertise in producing and maintaining inventory
- Independently taken over some sections of a protein expression project
In six months, you will have:
- Gained independence on major equipment operations including the AKTA purifier
- Completed at least one protein purification project
Commensurate with experience
TriAltus Bioscience is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer
We are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, gender, gender identity, genetic information, parental or pregnancy status, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, or veteran status.
If you are not sure that you’re 100% qualified, but are up for the challenge, we want you to apply.