The Regional Sales Manager will be responsible for generating new business and direct sales in the defined territory. Working with the applications specialist, the Regional Sales Manager will prospect, qualify demonstrate the products and close business in the academic, biotechnology and pharma markets. This position is fully remote, and candidates can live anywhere within the territory, with a preference given to Texas. Experience in full pipeline development and capital equipment sales in the microscopy or life sciences industry is desirable.
- Represent the full portfolio of Tomocube systems, warranties, and consumables.
- Collaborate with Applications Specialists and the Sales Director to achieve sales and activity goals in the defined territory: Texas, Oklahoma, Louisiana, Arkansas, and Mississippi, with potential for expansion as required.
- Develop and implement a specific and targeted plan to increase sales and services in the territory, with a strong emphasis on acquiring new business.
- Manage all stages of the sales cycle, including prospecting, cold calling, conducting virtual and in-person meetings, effectively demonstrating the equipment virtually and onsite, negotiating, and closing sales.
- Maintain effective communication with the USA Sales Director and Tomocube leadership through meetings, CRM, and internal communication channels as necessary.
- Coordinate with the Administrative Assistant and other team members to organize shipping and installation of equipment for demonstrations, conferences, and sales.
- Identify suitable accounts and conduct workshops and marketing events in the territory with support from Tomocube USA and Korean teams.
- Attend national and local conferences within and outside the territory to support Tomocube USA.
- Provide exceptional support and service to existing and new customers.
- Coordinate service and support activities for customers with the assistance of applications specialists.
- Travel as required to effectively manage the territory, with occasional travel to the San Diego office and South Korea as needed.
- Perform any other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Skills:
- Bachelor's degree in Biology, a life science, physics, or related field.
- A minimum of 3 years of sales experience, preferably with academic, biotechnology, and/or pharma customers, and experience selling capital equipment.
- Excellent organization and planning skills.
- Effective and respectful communication skills with customers and coworkers.
- Residing within the territory with convenient access to an airport.
- Valid driver's license.
Preferred but Not Required:
- PhD in a life science, optics, or related field OR 3+ years of laboratory research experience in academia or industry, such as a research technician, laboratory manager, or similar role with a focus on imaging techniques.
- Residing in Texas.
- Familiarity with a wide range of microscopy techniques, including live cell imaging, super resolution imaging, phase contrast, and others.
- Experience selling capital equipment in the life science industry.
$90,000 - $110,000 per year