AM & PM Shifts Available
· Promote, work, and act in a manner consistent with the mission of No Reservations Restaurant Group
· Refer to Daily Prep List at the start of each shift for assigned duties.
· Understand and comply with standard portion sizes, cooking methods, quality standards, and kitchen rules, policies, and procedures.
· Clean and sanitize work station area including tables, shelves, walls grills, broilers, fryers, pasta cookers, sauté burners, convection oven, flat top range and refrigeration equipment.
· Prepare a variety of foods, such as meats, vegetables, or desserts, according to customers' orders or supervisors' instructions, following approved procedures in broilers, ovens, grills, fryers and a variety of other kitchen equipment.
· Uses the Standard Recipe Card for preparing all products; does not rely on the memory of oneself or others.
· Weigh or measure ingredients.
· Portion according to standard portion sizes and recipe specifications and wrap the food or place it directly on plates for service to guests.
· Wash, peel, and cut various foods, such as fruits and vegetables, to prepare for cooking or serving.
· Mix ingredients for green salads, molded fruit salads, vegetable salads, and pasta salads.
· Make special dressings and sauces as condiments for sandwiches.
· Stir and strain soups and sauces.
· Store food in designated containers and storage areas to prevent spoilage.
· Take and record temperature of food and food storage areas, such as refrigerators and freezers.
· Place food trays over food warmers for immediate service, or store them in refrigerated storage cabinets.
· Receive and store food supplies, equipment, and utensils in refrigerators, cupboards, and other storage areas.
· Assist cooks and kitchen staff with various tasks as needed, and provide cooks with needed items.
· Carry food supplies, equipment, and utensils to and from storage and work areas.
· Use manual or electric appliances to clean, peel, slice, and trim foods.
· Promptly inform supervisors when equipment is not working properly and when food and supplies are getting low, and order needed items.
· Remove trash and clean kitchen garbage containers.
· Complete opening and closing checklists and assists others in opening and closing the kitchen.
· Attend all scheduled employee meetings and offers suggestions for improvement.
· Coordinate with and assist fellow employees to meet guests’ needs and support the operation of the restaurant.
· Fill-in for fellow employees where needed to ensure guest service standards and efficient operations.
· Keep records of the quantities of food used.
· Load dishes, glasses, and tableware into dishwashing machines.
· Distribute food servers to serve to customers.
· Operate cash register, handle money, and give correct change.
· Butcher and clean fowl, fish, poultry, and shellfish to prepare for cooking or serving.
· Cut, slice, or grind meat, poultry, and seafood to prepare for cooking.
· Stock cupboards and refrigerators, and tend salad bars and buffet meals.
· Add cutlery, napkins, food, and other items to trays on assembly lines in hospitals, cafeterias, airline kitchens, and similar establishments.
· Package take-out foods or serve food to customers.
· Prepare and serve a variety of beverages such as coffee, tea, and soft drinks.
· Sweep and mop kitchen floor.
· Scrape leftovers from dishes into garbage containers.
Tools & Technology
· Cappuccino or espresso machines
· Carbonated and non-carbonated beverage dispensers
· Commercial use blenders, choppers, cubers, dicers, grinders, processors, and/or slicers, broilers, deep fryers, griddles, grills, microwave ovens, ovens, pizza ovens, ranges, rotisseries, roasting machinery, steamers, and/or toasters, coffee grinders, coffee or iced tea makers, cotton candy machines or accessories, cutlery, dishwashers, dough machines, food warmers, measuring cups, mixers, popcorn machines, scales, woks
· Ice dispensers, Ice shaver machines or accessories
· Milkshake machines
· Personal computers and or Point of sale terminal
· Slush machines and/or Soft serve machines
$18 - $20 per hour