Are you an inspiring leader with a passion for building a strong organizational culture and creating impact through meaningful programs? Do you have a proven record of delivering results and partnering with a leadership team to achieve an organization’s strategic goals and results? Are you willing to dive into the details and people management necessary to grow an organization? If so, we have an exciting opportunity for you as President/COO at There With Care.
About the There With Care
There With Care is committed to providing comprehensive services, vital resources, and unwavering support to families during the critical phase of a medical crisis with their child. We have served over 10,000 families referred by medical agencies at our locations in Colorado, the Bay Area of California and now Nashville, Tennessee. Our goal is to serve over 100,000 families as we expand across the United States.
- In partnership with the CEO/Founder provide vision, inspiration, and leadership to the entire organization. Model and promote the organization’s values and culture, setting a high standard for ethical and thoughtful behavior in all interactions.
- Together with the CEO and Board, lead the development and achievement of strategic plans that align with the organization’s mission and goals.
- Provide leadership to achieve defined long- and short-term strategic/organizational goals.
- Foster performance-oriented culture through accountability, empowerment, mentoring and leading staff to achieve excellence.
- Develop and oversee the annual budgets and track monthly financials, identifying opportunities for revenue growth and cost savings, maintaining strict financial integrity.
- Develop a thorough understanding of There With Care’s structure and processes and refine and implement an operating model and organizational priorities to support There With Care’s strategic goals.
- Work closely with the leadership team to enhance internal practices and procedures that advance an equity-focused, inclusive team culture.
- Prepare and present regular reports to the Board of Directors covering key governance areas, including financials, operations, risks, and challenges.
- In coordination with the Development team, create new income opportunities and nurture and grow supporters through active stewardship.
- Cultivate a strong, transparent, and collaborative working relationship with the CEO/Founder and the Board of Directors.
- Routinely monitor and ensure compliance with IRS nonprofit and tax regulations.
- Ensure the organization minimizes its risk profile and meets HIPAA requirements.
- Serve as a national thought leader with the CEO/Founder to promote the organization’s mission, programs and outcomes to media, supporters, and partners.
- Strong track record of success and proven leadership across the core areas of a nonprofit business
- 5 years of experience leading at an executive team level (VP or above) with deep purpose and passion for service oriented non-profit organizations.
- An advanced degree (Masters) in management, or demonstration of equivalent experience.
- Experience developing talent and building a diverse and inclusive high performing team.
- Strategic thinker with a track record of planning, delivering and leading business development, ensuring key objectives are achieved.
- Experience enhancing the reputation of an organization through conversations, presentations, publications, research, and media inquiries.
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, able to build trusting relationships with diverse audiences.
- Experience working with a Board of Directors.
Qualities that will lead to success in this role
You are a collaborator. You thrive in building collaborative teams that push one another to think in new ways; respectfully considering all viewpoints while helping to drive consensus and hold one another accountable to plans and organization values.
You are a skilled leader and manager. You see the value of individuals and work to support them. You value training, develop and support team members to ensure successful outcomes.
Details matter to you. You have a sincere desire to understand the details of every aspect of the organization and are not afraid to ask for clarity when needed.
You can demonstrate financial acumen. You easily absorb the organization’s financials and use that knowledge to manage expenses, develop forecasts and prepare timely reports.
You understand system thinking. You are comfortable talking about systems and understand the process of system implementation within an organization.
You like data. You think strategically about data - what data is needed, how to get it, and how to effectively analyze and present data to show trends and impacts across the organization.
Solution thinking comes easily to you. You are a problem solver with the ability to focus on sustainable solutions for a wide range of problems.
At There With Care, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation, and empathy, enabling us to better serve the diverse needs of the families and communities we support. We actively encourage individuals from all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, and backgrounds to apply and join our team. Together, we can make a greater impact and create positive change. The salary range for this position is $136,200 – $162,500 depending on experience. In addition to a fulfilling and meaningful work experience, we offer generous vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, health insurance, and 401K to help maintain a healthy work-life balance.
How to Apply
Please note that this is a two-part application process. To apply for the position, please follow these steps:
Part 1: Apply Online
To apply, click the "Apply Now" button located at the top right of this page.
Part 2: Please answer the following questions and submit your answers to: [email protected]. You may submit your answers in writing (no longer than two pages) with a presentation or a personal video.
- What draws you to There With Care’s mission? How would you connect further to that in this role?
- What qualities do you possess specifically that make you a good fit for this role?
- Describe the values of an organization you have worked with previously and how you manifested them as you led the organization.
- Share an example of a problem encountered that you had to solve out of the area of your expertise.
We’re excited to learn more about you.
As part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and secure environment for our staff and the families we serve, a Criminal Background Check is required. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of this background check.