The Events Manager is a crucial role responsible for orchestrating events that not only support families but also engage the larger community with the organization's mission. This role involves meticulous planning, collaboration with multiple teams, and ensuring the events align with TWC's core values while delivering memorable and successful experiences for all involved. The role seeks an individual who not only possesses event management skills but also embraces the mission of supporting families in need, values clear communication, and thrives in a dynamic and compassionate work environment.
About There With Care
There With Care (TWC) is committed to providing comprehensive services, vital resources, and unwavering support to families during the critical phase of a medical crisis with their child. We have served over 10,000 families referred by medical agencies at locations in Colorado, and the Bay Area of California. Our goal is to serve over 100,000 families as we expand across the United States.
There With Care is in search of a full-time Events Manager to join our dedicated team, fostering collaboration across our multiple locations in a hybrid environment. Events are a strategic part of There With Care’s ability to provide support to our families. Events also allow the larger community to participate with us and learn more about the organization. To this end the Events Manager in Colorado is responsible for collaborating with Marketing and Communications to create and execute caring, entertaining, and financially successful events.
The Important Work You’ll Do:
· Perform the job in alignment with There With Care’s core values and ensure that the events also model There With Care’s core values.
· Collaborate with the VP of Marketing and Communications and the Marketing and Communications Director to create an annual event plan that is in alignment with the annual goals.
· Project manage all details for events from the pre-planning phase, during the event and through the event wrap.
· Lead regular event meetings during the planning phase through the completion of each event.
· Communicate information to the Marketing and Communications Team regarding event details and other pertinent information needed to create communications, marketing, collateral, and social media.
· Learn various event software tools and assist with management of the registration, back end, and reports.
· Work in collaboration with the Volunteer Team to secure and schedule event Volunteers.
· Be fiscally responsible in making decisions about event costs.
· Track, thank and report in the CareBase event expenses and in-kind donations. (Performers, Host, Auctioneer, Caterer, beverages, services, rentals, etc.)
· Work with the team to ensure a positive guest experience.
The Important Skills You’ll Have:
· You Want to be Part of Something Bigger. Our mission inspires you. The idea of helping families and engaging the community to participate through your skills motivates you.
· See the Solutions. Good at solving problems with compassion and care, and when you do not have the answers, you are not hesitant to ask and learn.
· Thoughtful with Words. Verbal and written communication style are caring and clear. You’re also a good listener who approaches your work with compassion and care.
· Know how to plan for a good time and cause. You have experience with small and large events.
· Cool under Pressure. When things are moving quickly and often change in event planning, you remain professional, flexible, kind and calm.
· People person. You enjoy collaborating with others and cultivating relationships with the team, event vendors, volunteers, and guests.
· You’ve got this. You’re awesome with managing the people and event details through kindness, while keeping track of a schedule and budget.
· Tech not a problem. You can quickly learn apps and other technology tools that help the organization track details, support the event, and ensure our guests have a positive experience.
· With gratitude. You are a natural at sharing thanks with your colleagues, volunteers, event partners and the guests.
· Can be flexible. When needed, you are able to sometimes work on weekends and/or events, Denver and Boulder, when needed for the event or meetings.
· Connected at the heart. You want to be a part of a mission centered organization, that holds the families we serve at the heart of our work.
· Bonus Talents: You have an artistic flair and enjoy collaborating on event themes and finding ways to create and execute new and unique guest experiences to help the cause.
At There With Care, we believe that diversity fosters creativity, innovation, and empathy, enabling us to better serve the diverse needs of the families and communities we support. We actively encourage individuals from all races, ethnicities, genders, sexual orientations, abilities, and backgrounds to apply and join our team. Together, we can make a greater impact and create positive change. The salary range for this position is $60,000 - $63,000 depending on experience. In addition to a fulfilling and meaningful work experience, we offer generous vacation, sick leave, paid holidays, health insurance, and 401K to help maintain a healthy work-life balance.
As part of our commitment to maintaining a safe and secure environment for our staff and the families we serve, a Criminal Background Check is required. Employment is contingent upon the successful completion of this background check.
Join us in making a difference in the Colorado community. If you are a dynamic leader with a passion for nonprofit work and community engagement, we invite you to apply online at www.therewithcare.org.
$60,000 - $63,000 per year