The Lead Song Interpretation Coach works closely with the Education Manager and Artistic Director in ensuring that each student is receiving the proper coaching needed to meet their college prescreen and callback requirements.
- Conduct 1:1 song interpretation coaching sessions with assigned student roster.
- Collaborate with our song selection team to determine student audition repertoire.
- Maintain a student roster of clients up to 12 students.
- Track student progress through constructive notes and "homework" after every session.
- Teach up to 6 semi private group technique classes per academic year.
- Attend monthly team meetings.
- Collaborate with artistic leadership (Artistic Director, Education Manager, and Lead Coaches) to track student artistic progress.
- Promptly answer emails from current clients, company faculty and leadership.
- Update calendar availability on a bi-weekly basis using the company online portal.
- Collaborate with the Program Coordinator to maintain an accurate and up to date coaching schedule.
- Submit artistic material requests to the Program Coordinator including: sheet music, plays, monologues, piano tracks, etc.
- Maintain professionalism and strict confidentiality with all materials, and exercise discretion when interfacing with the business.
- Participate in live prescreen recording sessions by providing moral support and artistic feedback.
- Provide feedback on student prescreen recordings to assist with final submission decision to colleges/universities.
- Participate in the annual Callback Camp event.
- You are able to commit yourself to a young person’s artistic journey from college application to college acceptance.
- You are passionate about acting and musical theatre (music, acting, dancing).
- You are motivated and believe in our mission in transforming young theatre makers into theatre majors.
- You are patient, level-headed and cool under pressure.
- You thrive in a fast paced work environment.
- You enjoy spending time around high school and college age students, and sincerely care about their goals to study theatre at the collegiate level.
- You enjoy collaborating with a team of coaches, and believe that together we are stronger.
- You’re familiar with the college audition process for acting and musical theatre.
- Must possess a Master's level degree in acting. or Master's level equivalent professional experience.
- Must have availability to schedule at least 5-10 hours per week between 10am and 8p ET for students to schedule coaching sessions. At least 5 of those available hours will need to be from 3p to 6p ET during peak season. NOTE: You may determine your hours within the preceding requirements.
- Must be available for two scheduled in-person events per year; may require travel.
- Ability and willingness to use and become proficient on the following platforms: Teachworks, Zoom, Gusto, Asana, Gmail, TikTok, Instagram, Microsoft Word, Excel)
About the position
- Part-time hourly, $100-$115 per hour based on experience
- Work-From-Home, or work from studio, occasional in-person events that may require travel
- May have occasional in person 1:1 coaching sessions.
- Must have 1 hour of availability on Mondays between 2p and 6p ET.
- Average coaching hours per week during peak season are 1-5 hours per week.
Please supply a cover letter and resumé in your application.