WHO WE ARE
SUNSET MONTAUK www.sunsetmontauk.com
An Airy Boutique Hotel with Beach Access on the tip of Montauk. Less than 100 feet from ‘Sunset Beach’ and steps away from the Montauk Harbor, we strive to provide our guests with a memorable stay in Montauk–from sunrise to sunset.
The Sunset Montauk is managed by Life House – an operations, branding, and software company with a mission to make travel more accessible, by making hotels easier to operate with proprietary tech-enabled systems. From hotel operations to F&B, we will provide you the tools and resources to do your job in a more fun and easy way, so you can focus on what matters most: the guest experience.
We are looking for Front Desk Associates, also known as our House Managers, to oversee our welcome experience. The House Manager is responsible for hosting guests throughout their entire stay. From a warm welcome upon arrival to an effortless departure, this role will play a critical hand in executing the seamless guest experience in our tech forward hotel environment. The House Manager is the Maître d’, host, front desk agent, concierge and housekeeping manager, all in one, and is primarily responsible for both ensuring an excellent guest experience and managing the overall hotel operation.
We want to find team players who are authentic connectors, are high in conscientiousness, have genuine stories to tell, are humble and overwhelmingly representative of our hotel and brand.
Duties and Responsibilities:
House Managers are responsible for performing all front desk related functions including, but not limited to, checking guests in and out, making room and restaurant reservations, ensuring all daily guest amenities are prepared and delivered on time, providing information about the hotel and the local vicinity and ensuring that our guests always have everything they need.
Specifically, you would be performing the following tasks to the highest standards:
- Utilize our proprietary software to manage internal operations and guest communication
- Manage the guest check-in/check-out process while engaging with our guests
- Assist with room reservations, changes and guest requests
- Assist in the coordination between the front desk and other departments (housekeeping, maintenance, kitchen, F&B and Central Support).
- Inspect clean rooms to prepare them for guest arrival
- Prepare and deliver VIP amenities
- Provide administrative and reception support to management and other team members
- Manage all internal and external guest communication
- Ensure all our public spaces are maintained in excellent order and in line with our brand
- Liaison between the Corporate Central Support teams and onsite leadership
- Provide information, recommendations and booking services for a variety of guest inquiries, including, but not limited to, directions, hours of operation, hotel services, transportation and travel arrangements, tour and event tickets, restaurant reservations, and other guest needs
- Respond to guest inquiries and requests and resolve issues in a timely, friendly and efficient manner
- Additional duties as required by position
- Hiring for full-time and part-time
- Seasonal Positions Available – Ability to work: April/May through September/October
- Able to work weekends, holidays or special events, as required
- Strong organizational abilities
- Excellent guest service skills with a genuine desire to be helpful
- Excellent communication skills
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong multi-tasking skills and creative thinking
- Good knowledge of the surrounding area and things to do, and places to go – or enthusiasm to acquire that knowledge. Enjoys sharing wonderful food, outdoor adventures, and local experiences in the area
- Flexibility to jump in and assist other departments when necessary
- An ability to lift 50 lbs. if necessary and able to climb stairs with ease
- Previous hotel experience preferred, but not required
- Warm, accessible and genuine
- Natural connector who thrives on bringing people together and creating a sense of community
- Has an intimate connection to the locale and community
- Organically creates spaces and experiences that feel personal and unique
- Authentic storyteller who can encourage dialogue, open conversation and connection
We provide excellent training for our House Managers with our proprietary technology, and we aim in providing our guests with the utmost care and service.
If you are interested in joining the Life House family, please send us your resume for consideration. Please be sure to include your phone number and email. EMAIL: [email protected]
- $18 - $22 per hour (commensurate of experience)
- Housing available for qualified candidates
- Paid time off
- Holiday pay
- Referral program
- Staff Meals
- Hotel employee discounts at any of our 50+ properties
- 8-hour shifts
- Seasonal Positions Available – April/May through September/October
- Day, evening and overnight shifts available
- Holidays and weekend availability may be required
- Monday to Sunday work weeks
- On call shifts if necessary
- Hotel: 1 year (preferred, but not required)
- Restaurant / F&B: 1 year (a plus)
- Morning 7am-3pm
- Afternoon 3pm-11pm
- Overnight 11pm – 7am
We are an equal opportunity employer. All applicants will be considered for employment without attention to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, veteran or disability status.