Unleash Your Potential as a Paralegal Superstar!
Forget the mundane "Family Law Paralegal Wanted" ads. We're not just seeking a "Family Law Paralegal." We're on the hunt for a dynamic “Client Services Champion” – a morning person who is service-oriented even before their first sip of coffee; a curious mind who thrives on learning something new every day yet can handle the routine tasks that keep the wheels of our family law cases turning; and a driven individual who's motivated by their passion to deliver top-notch work that enhances our firm’s solid reputation. This opportunity isn't for everyone, but for the right person, it's the golden ticket to make work exhilarating again.
Our ideal candidate is a team player, first and foremost. Our firm handles intricate and complex family law litigation cases that necessitate a collaborative team approach. You'll be responsible for executing assignments as directed by our attorneys to keep the firm’s cases on track and moving forward. Significant client interaction is a given, so you'll need to understand the importance of keeping the lead attorney fully informed about all client contact while ensuring our clients receive the care and empathy they need and deserve. You'll value our clients and handle their cases with the utmost respect, accuracy, and confidentiality, understanding how these factors impact the firm's bottom line.
You'll possess excellent time management skills and be comfortable with these tasks making up much of your daily workflow:
• Organizing client information and preparing summaries for our attorneys.
• Reviewing financial records provided by our clients and summarizing the information for review by the lead attorney.
• Drafting legal documents and coordinating document production.
• Tracking all relevant case dates and deadlines.
• Assisting attorneys in preparing for hearings, mediations, depositions, and trials.
• Greeting clients and visitors professionally and courteously.
• Answering phone lines and routing callers to the appropriate team member, as needed.
• Communicating professionally with our team members, clients, and other professionals.
• Maintaining a professional work environment and complying with the company's policies.
• Performing other administrative duties efficiently and timely; and
• Completing other projects, as requested.
You'll be self-reliant, detail-oriented, and able to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. You'll ask questions but never make excuses. You'll demonstrate prompt, consistent attendance, meet deadlines, work independently and collaboratively, and restore our faith in good old-fashioned work ethic. We believe in individual responsibility, productivity, and rewards for great work.
You'll be tech-savvy, comfortable working on a computer (preferably a Mac), and familiar with Microsoft Word and Excel. A bachelor’s degree is preferred and prior experience in a family law setting is a plus. More than anything else, you'll approach every part of this job with an open mind and a willingness to learn “our way” of doing things. You'll be someone we want to invest in; someone we will help grow professionally; and someone who will look for ways to improve themselves, the service we offer our clients, and the firm, every single day.
• You need constant direction or reminders about your tasks.
• You're set in your ways and aren't willing to learn "our way".
• You're a "whiner", a "complainer", someone who doesn’t work well with others, or you’re a "know-it-all".
• You're a social media exhibitionist or known as “the gossip” in your circle.
• You still don't know the difference between "there", "their", and "they're".
If the above points strike a chord with you, this position might not be your best fit. We value our team members' job satisfaction, and we wish you well in your continued search to find the right role for you.
Situated in the heart of downtown Spartanburg, SC, we are a dynamic boutique family law firm known for our exceptional client service for more than a quarter-century. Our practice is characterized by its fast-paced nature, with 'slow days' being the exception, not the rule. We pride ourselves on fostering a positive work environment, and our commitment to our team mirrors their loyalty to our firm and clients.
The starting salary for this position will be commensurate with your experience and a performance bonus structure is available following a 90-day probationary period. Additional benefits of working for our firm:
• Career Development and Paid Training to expand and enhance your skills to maximize your potential along your career journey.
• A professional and inclusive work community where teammates are empowered to bring ideas to the table and initiative is never taken for granted.
• Generous benefits plan comprising of health benefits, PTO, and retirement plans.
Before you apply, we encourage you to check us out online. We'll be asking what you know about our firm, so prove your Internet-savviness and interest in what we do by researching your future employer.
Ready to embark on your journey with us? Kickstart your application by emailing [email protected]. Use the subject line: “Eager to be Your Next Paralegal.”
In your email, charm us with a cover letter that showcases your interest in our firm, your grasp of the job requirements, your salary requirements, and your relevant experiences that make you the perfect fit for our team. Don't forget to attach your resume in PDF format, along with a list of three references (two professional, one personal).
We kindly ask that you refrain from sending follow-up emails or calling to inquire, "Did you get my email?" We typically receive a high volume of responses, and your ability to follow these instructions is the first step in our interview process. Best of luck and we look forward to meeting you soon!
All applications will be received in the strictest of confidence.