Exceptional Opportunity for a Dynamic Family Law Litigation Attorney in South Carolina
Are you a passionate, driven, and experienced Family Law Litigation Attorney? Do you have an unwavering commitment to excellence, a hunger to never stop improving your skillset, and a desire to make a significant impact in people's lives? If so, we have an extraordinary opportunity for you!
Our boutique family law firm, led by the soon-to-be President of the American Academy of Matrimonial Lawyers (AAML) and nestled in the heart of downtown Spartanburg, is actively seeking a Litigation Attorney to join our team. This is a unique chance to immerse yourself in complex and rewarding family law matters, including intricate divorce cases, child custody disputes, and more.
We are looking for a candidate who is admitted to practice in South Carolina and has a minimum of 3 years of experience in family law litigation, but this isn’t a deal-breaker for the right individual with a passion for family law. You will be working directly with our firm's Partners, taking on a pivotal role within our team.
As our ideal candidate, you are a quick learner a strategic thinker, and a creative problem solver able to work both independently and collaboratively, meet deadlines, and produce work of the highest quality. You possess meticulous research capabilities, critical thinking skills, and exceptional time-management abilities. Your writing skills are second to none, and your integrity is beyond reproach.
You are tech-savvy, with a keen understanding of the importance of organization and visual presentation of information. You are proficient with paperless systems and have an eye for detail. You are analytical, punctual, and capable of working efficiently and compassionately, whether independently or within a team.
1. Litigation Case Management: You will handle primary litigation duties for low-to-moderately complex family law matters, including contested divorce with child custody issues, business interests, and tax issues.
2. Litigation Support: You will assist our Senior Partner with complex family law matters, preparing drafts of pleadings, court orders, and other documents for review. You will also assist in the development of discovery plans on cases, conduct legal research, and draft briefs and legal memoranda, as needed.
3. Document Review: You will work with our team to review incoming case documents and create summaries for review by the Senior Partner and other team members. You will also help prepare for depositions and trials by researching relevant issues, developing outlines of questions for witnesses, and preparing associated documents and exhibits.
4. Trial Organization and Preparation: You will work closely with the Senior Partner and other team members to ensure that all necessary information is prepared, reviewed, and organized for court appearances.
5. Court Appearances: As a dedicated litigation attorney, you'll frequently take center stage in the courtroom. Your role will involve significant first and second-chair court appearances, along with attending mediations and settlement conferences as necessitated by the firm’s active caseload. This is your opportunity to make a tangible impact and drive case outcomes to meet our clients’ needs.
6. Professional Development & Networking: We believe in nurturing talent. Our firm is committed to investing in your professional growth, providing mentoring, and facilitating teaching opportunities as they arise. We encourage and expect your participation in approved local, state, and national networking events. Your effective networking skills, contributing to new case acquisition, will be recognized and rewarded.
We offer a collegial working environment, excellent earning potential, and the quality of life offered in the beautiful Upstate of South Carolina. Spartanburg is steeped in rich history, offering a unique blend of the old and the new. Its historic downtown district is a testament to its past, while its modern amenities reflect its commitment to culture and its progressive future. With beautiful parks, hiking trails, and cycling routes, Spartanburg is a haven for outdoor enthusiasts. The city is also just a short drive away from the stunning Blue Ridge Mountains spanning Western North Carolina, North Georgia, and Eastern Tennessee.
With its top-rated schools and seven local colleges, Spartanburg is a great place for families and individuals seeking quality educational opportunities for their children. Our city is also known for its strong sense of community and Southern hospitality. Our friendly residents and numerous community events and festivals throughout the year make it a welcoming place to call home. Compared to many other cities, Spartanburg offers a high quality of life at a lower cost of living making it an affordable place to live, work, and play. Spartanburg's location offers easy access to major cities like Greenville, Atlanta, and Charlotte, making it a convenient base for travel and business.
The starting salary for this position is commensurate with experience, and a quarterly performance-based bonus structure will be included as part of your compensation package. Other benefits include health benefits, paid holidays, cell phone allowance, 401K matching, and approved Bar membership dues, and continuing legal education programs paid for by the Firm.
Are you ready to propel your career to new heights while making a profound difference in the lives of South Carolina families? Seize this opportunity to become a part of a pioneering team that's leading the charge in family law.
Don't let this opportunity slip away. We're inviting you to take the next big step in your professional journey. Send your cover letter, resume, salary requirements, and a legal writing sample (all in PDF format) to [email protected] for immediate consideration.
We assure you that your application will be treated with the highest level of confidentiality.