Seasonal, Internships, and Part-time Positions available
The Behavioral Health Support Specialist is responsible for working one-to-one or in small groups to provide life and skill development (peer interaction, emotional regulation, daily living skills) to youth and adults with mental health diagnoses. We use an outside the box, creative, non-clinical mindset to instill and develop personal, interpersonal, and technical skills for each individual thorugh cooking, gardening, music, exercise, carpentry, community outreach, and arts.
We have two locations: a farm in rural Manitowoc County and a renovated church in Sheboygan Falls. We also provide services at satellite locations at participating partner organizations in Green Bay, Manitowoc, and Sheboygan.
Performance Expectations and Areas for Development/Experience
- Willing to try new things to get results, find inefficiencies in the current processes, and think innovatively
- Maintain time management and organizational skills, manage and meet internal and external deadlines
- Strong communication skills; demonstrate ability to collaborate and communicate effectively in a team setting.
- Ability to maintain effective and professional relationships with internal team members; be coachable and self-aware
- Be flexible with thought and time and work with a sense of urgency, patience, and personal responsibility
- Assist in keeping spaces clean and clutter free (clean up after yourself and clients, help care for farm animals, and cook as needed).
- Document all services in compliance with all state and federal regulations
- Follow HIPAA compliance procedures and requirements
- Experience and high comfort level with commonly used software; proficient in Google Suite (gmail, google drive, google calendar, google classroom)
- Drivers License with clean driving record
- Preferred: Bachelors degree in social work, psychology, sociology, special education, human development, or social welfare
- Preferred: Masters degree in clinical psychology, psychology, school or educational psychology, rehabilitation psychology, counseling or guidance, social work, professional counseling, human services leadership, applied leadership for teaching and learning, special education, and child development
- Preferred: Experience working in mental or behavioral healthcare and community support programs