The Manchester Hotel is a upscale lifestyle hotel opening in the Spring of 2023, in the heart of the Distillery District of Downtown Lexington, KY. We are seeking a high energy, self-motivated leader to oversee the Food & Beverage operation, including our main dining restaurant Granddam and our rooftop bar, Lost Palm.
At The Manchester Hotel, we are not here to do what has already been done. We are innovators, producers and innkeepers with a strong sense of community. As a member of the properties Planning Committee, the Director of Food and Beverage is a highly visible role with the ability to inspire and lead a motivated team. This position reports to the Executive Chef.
- Oversee all food production; responsible for managing inventory and purchasing of products under the supervision of executive chef.
- Oversee all ordering duties for food, paper, and cleaning supplies.
- Ensure all food, paper, and cleaning supplies are accounted for and are with budget.
- Manage daily performance of all BOH team members to build and develop a team that exceeds company standards and expectations.
- Oversee all schedule for BOH.
- Work with Exec Chefs to push restaurants financial and culinary growth of the property.
- Educate and coach team to exceed expectations.
- Develop a team of leaders that are prepared and qualified to move upward in the organization.
- Clearly define expectations and hold individuals accountable.
- Provide both positive and constructive feedback to team in a timely manner and documented when appropriate.
- Delegate appropriately and fairly to develop and motivate team.
- Treat potential employees with same sense of hospitality and respect as employees and guests.
- Execute training program consistently for both hourly employees and co-managers.
- Responsible for the development of leadership, training, and technical skills
- Work with the Executive Chefs to create innovative and authentic menus.
- Educate self and communicate to team on regional history, culture, and cuisine. Educate self and communicate to team on industry trends, innovative techniques, and environmentally friendly product/procedures.
- Develop, coach, and consistently execute culinary standards. Ensure consistent menu execution by using tools such as line checks, menu change SOP’s and recipes.
- Constantly work to improve standards and guest satisfaction. Impact service by being on the line during peak times, press events, and festival periods.
- Oversee and manage the kitchen during prep and service ensuring that service runs smoothly.
- Promote safety and proper sanitation amongst all staff. Ensure that all staff and managers are trained and follow department of health protocols.
- Oversee kitchen/building facilities to ensure safety and functional operations ranging from culinary equipment to building infrastructure.
- With the Executive chefs ensure developing and executing of plan to stay within department budgets and maximize profits. Actively manages inventory, waste, and pricing to meet cost targets. Ensure data is accurate. Reach out to the team for support as needed.
Team Members for The Manchester Hotel work in an environment that promote highest level of service and acknowledges exceptional performance. If this challenge motivates you, we are ready for you.
- Extensive knowledge of culinary fundamentals (knife skills, butchery, sauces, all kitchen stations) is required.
- Requires developed communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Most tasks are performed independently or in a team environment with the employee acting as a team leader.
- Ability to maintain compliance with all local, state, and federal laws and regulations.
- Ability to supervise, train and motivate multiple levels of employees. Ability to assess/evaluate other employees’ performance in a fair and consistent manner.
- Extensive knowledge of food industry, restaurants, and competitive markets.
- Basic knowledge of revenue management. Participation in the development of short- and long-term financial and operational goals of the restaurants.
- Exceptional communication and supervisory
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Have interpersonal skills to deal effectively with all business contacts.
- Work varied shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Experience with cost and labor management software a plus
- Lead by example. Demonstrate ownership, accountability, and initiative in daily tasks by anticipating business needs and proactively addressing issues.
- Readily adjust to circumstances and manage change effectively by finding ways to accommodate team and guests by always ‘making it happen’, without sacrificing quality.
- Create a positive work environment by demonstrating no tolerance for negative behaviors. Welcome new ideas and seek feedback from team by asking questions.
- Exemplify professionalism and hospitality in all interactions and especially in difficult situations.
- Manage Daily Operations with the supervisions of the Executive Chefs
- Understand, practice, and teach policies and procedures.
- Ensure concept vision and communicate policy to team and co-managers.
- Communicate any major facility or operational emergencies to executive team immediately.
- Maintain a daily log to communicate between shifts and prevent issues from reoccurring. Regularly conduct service team (2/day) and chef meetings (1/week.) with the executive chef. Provide a safe, clean, organized, and sanitary work environment.
- Teach and enforce Food Sanitation and Safety standards. Ensure all Health Standards, federal and state laws are met. Correct all violations with a sense of urgency.