The Manchester Hotel is an upscale lifestyle hotel opening in the Spring of 2023, in the heart of the Distillery District of Downtown Lexington, KY. We are seeking a high energy, self-motivated leader to oversee the Food & Beverage operation, including our main dining restaurant Granddam and our rooftop bar, Lost Palm.
At The Manchester Hotel, we are not here to do what has already been done. We are innovators, producers and innkeepers with a strong sense of community. As a member of the properties Planning Committee, the Director of Food and Beverage is a highly visible role with the ability to inspire and lead a motivated team. This position reports to the Executive Chef.
- Oversee all food production; responsible for managing inventory and purchasing of products under the supervision of executive chef for the bakery department.
- Oversee all ordering duties for bakery department.
- Ensure all product and supplies are accounted for and are with budget.
- Work with Exec Chefs to push restaurants financial and culinary growth of the property.
- Educate and coach team to exceed expectations.
- Develop a team of leaders that are prepared and qualified to move upward in the organization.
- Clearly define expectations and hold individuals accountable.
- Provide both positive and constructive feedback to team in a timely manner and documented when appropriate.
- Delegate appropriately and fairly to develop and motivate team.
- Treat potential employees with same sense of hospitality and respect as employees and guests.
- Execute training program consistently for both hourly employees and co-managers.
- Oversee day-to-day culinary operations in a fast-paced and dynamic culinary environment from the bakery department.
- Time management skills are imperative.
- Ability to work a variety of shifts, including weekends and holidays.
- Our goal is to work with together to create a memorable experience for guests.
- Working with seasonal ingredients
- Participating in the preparation and development of new menu items
- Honing your existing skills while learning new techniques and building your skill set
- Working collaboratively with other members of the team.
- Maintaining cleanliness of any BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas.
- Participate in deep cleaning of BOH work areas, including and not limited to refrigeration, cooking equipment, and prep areas.
Team Members for The Manchester Hotel work in an environment that promote highest level of service and acknowledges exceptional performance. If this challenge motivates you, we are ready for you.
- Culinary degree, or 3+ years’ experience in a professional culinary environment is preferred. We welcome all qualified applicants.
- Practice of all safety and sanitation standards is necessary.
- General knife handling, food safety & sanitation knowledge
- High volume restaurant experience required.
- Comfortable working in a fast paced and high energy environment
- A passion for food, exceptional work ethic and dedication
- Able to take constructive criticism, learn quickly and constantly improve.
- Must have thorough knowledge of techniques, methods and equipment used in preparing and cooking high quality food on a large scale required.
- Adaptability to plan and modify menus to meet various requirements.
PASTRY EXCECUTION SKILLS
- Baking Bread
- Cake Decorating
- Cake Making
- Chocolate Work
- Pastry Menu Development
- Ice Cream Production
- Pastry Making
- Petits Fours Making