Objectives of the Role
The Club Host is responsible for smoothly running the club’s different spaces. The Club Host will continuously interact with Members and guests, using their best judgment and emotional intelligence to better cater to their needs. In addition, the Club Host will monitor public areas of the Jacquelyn while consistently providing Members with inimitable service. The Club Host must develop a rapport with Members, managers, and staff to ensure an outstanding Member experience and create an inclusive, fun, and pleasant environment for co-workers.
Duties & Responsibilities
Warm Welcomes – Customer Service
- Receive Members and guests as if you've been anticipating their arrival all day.
- Greet Members and their guests promptly upon their arrival.
- Answer the telephone swiftly and cordially.
- Ensure a smooth registration and check-in process with your innate attention to detail. All entries are precise and efficient, just like you!
- Communicate with Members knowledgeably and eloquently. You can explain the club's services as if you've curated them.
- Ensure Reciprocal Member arrivals and visits are communicated and acknowledged.
- Respond promptly and courteously to Member and guest inquiries and concerns, and handle Member and guest correspondence as necessary.
- Implement strategies for continuously improving Club Host operations of each space.
- Maintain a composed and professional demeanor with Members and guests in high-stress situations.
- Actively monitor inventory of supplies and maintain the Member lost and found document.
Host with the Most - Guest Experience
- As a multifaceted individual, you assist in coordinating and organizing club events, activities, and functions that you share with the Members and guests.
- Maintain working knowledge of club areas, including hours of operations, pricing, and other Member-related issues.
- Be a pillar of knowledge regarding everyone attending your party and know the logistics of each space in and out.
- Monitor and alter service based on Member reactions to guarantee satisfaction.
- Utilize the daily checklist to ensure proper execution of opening and closing procedures.
- Communicate with all applicable departments promptly for smooth and continuous service to all Members.
- Consistently review reservations to communicate and plan for special requests or VIPs to Elvis in the Building and all necessary departments for effortless execution.
- Maintain a high level of cleanliness in all spaces.
- Treat Members and guests in a friendly and accommodating way.
- Refill receptacles in the Ladies' Lounge routinely to prevent beauty amenities from running out.
- Fold, stock, and monitor towel stations to keep them at a healthy level.
- A sixth sense of Member and guest needs can preempt most requirements for a request.
- Keep all club spaces tidy, stocked, and gorgeous as they reflect on you and your dinner party.
- Communicate any maintenance or cleanliness issues beyond your capabilities to the facilities management team promptly and discreetly.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Ability to work weekends and evenings.
Must have and be able to do all the following:
- At least 18 years of age.
- Two years experience at a high-end hotel and/or two years in a customer-facing role in high-end retail.
- Stamina to work up to 25+ hours per week, depending on coverage, is needed.
- Basic computer and math skills.
- Work with a sense of urgency and can multi-task.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal instructions.
- Can creatively solve problems and effectively implement solutions.
- Unparalleled time management skills: can manage and complete priority workflows and is detail-oriented.
- Ability to learn and perform in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to work independently and in a team environment.
- Able to deal with guests professionally while always maintaining a composed demeanor.
- To protect our Members, discretion is a priority.
Working Environment/Minimum Physical Requirements:
Must have the physical, visual, and auditory ability to perform the essential functions of the job, with or without reasonable accommodations, and be able to meet the following requirements:
- Heavy Member/guest contact is required.
- Must tolerate varying noise levels, temperatures, illumination, and air quality.
- Requires hand-eye coordination and manual dexterity.
- Requires ordinary sense of smell, taste, touch, and sound.
- Must be able to respond to visual and aural cues.
- Continuously or periodically bend, twist, lean, lift, push, pull, kneel, bend, walk, stand, and/or sit up to 8 hours per shift.
- Lift up to 50 pounds to perform the essential functions.
- Work in a fast-paced environment where the climate can change quickly.