We're looking for a driven Paralegal with experience in Washington state to join the Hemmat Law Group family law practice. Founded in 1995, the Firm represents families from all walks of life across Pierce, King, and Snohomish counties. We are driven advocates who do our best to shelter and support our clients during their time of crisis, while fiercely fighting for the best outcome for their futures.
Read more about us on our website.
You will work side-by-side with attorneys and senior staffers in a client-facing capacity to communicate with interested stakeholders on behalf of the office.
- 2+ years' experience in Family Law or litigation support.
- Experience utilizing Microsoft Word and Adobe Acrobat in a professional environment.
- Experience managing a high volume of requests and competing deadlines.
- Strong desire and aptitude for process improvements.
- Strong written and spoken communication skills.
- Ability to demonstrate sound judgment in ambiguous situations.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a collaborative team.
- Strong attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Degree in administration, paralegal sciences, or another field or;
- Certificate of Paralegal studies from an accredited institution.
- Experience with Clio Management Suite, DropBox, and MyPleadings.
- Experience dealing with good people at their worst.
- Draft correspondence and motions practice documents.
- Coordinate document drafting and juggle signature requests across a dynamic team.
- Manage discovery and prepare responses to same.
- Prepare for mediations, assemble trial notebooks. and general exhibit management.
- Calendar Management and scheduling.
- Client service and communication.
- Manage high volumes of tasks and projects.
- React with appropriate urgency to situations and events that require a quick response or turnaround.
- Demonstrate a high level of professionalism, integrity, and discretion in handling confidential information.
What we offer:
- Work that makes a meaningful difference in the lives of others.
- A supportive and friendly office environment geared towards developing the skills of our team.
- Competitive compensation, benefits, and PTO.
- State of the art resources, technology, and support.
- Casual office dress code and environment (when not client-facing).
- Plentiful office snacks and beverages.
A completed application, cover letter, resume and salary expectations are required for consideration. Kindly attach them in one PDF for review.
Looking forward to meeting you!