The Engineered Innovation Group is growing and looking for a UI/UX designer with experience in software as a service (SaaS). But, most importantly, we are searching for a candidate that empathizes with users and creates magic for users!
EIG is an innovation group that aims to help organizations create new products and services that drive growth and a competitive edge. We define and build product MVPs and help founders and business leaders build their internal product & engineering teams, too.
We have clients in the healthcare, SaaS, Web 3/Blockchain, and marketing industries.
Not only are we looking for a self-guided and energetic individual, but we are also looking for an individual that shares our company’s core values:
We build trusted relationships with our employees, contractors, customers, vendors, and partners. Trust encompasses delivering projects on time, quality work, and ensuring our customers’ proprietary information privacy and protection.
We are incredibly curious, whether it is people, technologies, or academics. Our curiosity fuels our ability to discover possibilities and make them a reality.
We believe that the world is full of opportunities, and even failures are opportunities. Our job is to identify the opportunities and leverage them to make a positive impact.
Not only does science reveal that the crux of creativity is in having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices, but it is also the right thing to do.
Contrary to popular belief, creativity is not free form. Creativity is served by free-form thinking and techniques, but we believe creativity is as much science as art.
- You have a passion for creating UI/UX that provides utility, delight and makes a positive impact on people's lives
- You have 3-5 years of experience in an agency, design firm or in-house design team
- You love iconography, logos and compelling graphics
- You bring your perspective and voice to conversations
- You are a natural storyteller and problem solver
- You are an excellent communicator - erroring on the side of over-communicating
- You love to interact with customers and understand use cases
- You love to work with teams that build new products and services
- You love to synthesize and implement smart processes that increase team success
- You are self-driven and self-guided in your work
Why You Will Love It
- You’ll be a key contributor to user experience and product design!
- You will work on a wide variety of projects!
- You will work with other talented people!
- You will leverage your prior experiences to solve challenging and unique problems!
- You will have opportunities to grow your career!
What You Will Do
- Work with clients and stakeholders to understand their desired outcomes
- Work closely with users and stakeholders to understand their day-to-day needs
- Lead workshops and roundtable discussions, and conduct user interviews & user research
- Lead storyboarding exercises, and iterate/build storyboards for your projects
- Work with software developers to ensure designs are technically tenable and, through implementation - ensure the design provided to users facilitates a stellar user experience
- Contribute and build UI Kits, Style Guides, Component libraries, and Design Systems
- Build wireframes (Low to High Fidelity) and clickable prototypes
- Develop UI in Figma that development teams will implement
- Collaborate with Developers to adhere closely to Designs, plus Visually Audit implementation
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Ability to develop compelling and complex user journeys and storyboards
- Wire Mapping, Wireframing, user flows, mockups and prototyping
- Expert in Visual design and best practices for Web and Mobile Applications
- Proficient in Design software (e.g., Figma, Miro, Sketch, Photoshop, Illustrator)
- User research and usability testing
- Agile methodologies and work with scrum teams
Nice to Have
- Experience with content design, marketing and branding exploration
- Experience with animation or motion graphics
- Experience with OnBoarding Flows
- Experience building products from Zero to One
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- $100 per month technology stipend
- $100 monthly health stipend (to apply to gym memberships, fitness classes, etc.)
- 401k with employer match
- Two weeks of paid time off (+ 14 company holidays, including your birthday, floating holiday, and Juneteenth)
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Pluralsight Subscription for ongoing learning and professional development