Please note: This job posting is not for immediate hire but rather an opportunity to submit an application for future consideration.
The Engineered Innovation Group is looking for motivated, self-directed software engineers interested in growing their careers not only as hands-on software engineers but also as a leader and mentor.
If you love to work on various projects, apply your current expertise to problems, and acquire new skills, languages, and technologies, this is the job for you.
We are interested in candidates who are able to effectively use their mentorship skills to guide junior staff in all best practices of software development.
About The Company
Founded in December 2021 by Jake Miller, the Engineered Innovation Group is an innovation agency with the mission to help organizations create new and meaningful useful products and services that drive growth and a competitive edge. We are a fast-paced team developing minimally viable and minimally marketable SaaS products for startups and corporate innovation partners.
Read this article to learn about our philosophy regarding innovation.
EIG is headquartered in Indianapolis, IN, with an office on Monument Circle, but we are a remote-first workforce. We believe people should be able to live and work wherever they choose.
Our Core Values (And we take them seriously)
We build trusted relationships with our employees, contractors, customers, vendors, and partners. Trust encompasses delivering projects on time, delivering quality work, and ensuring the privacy and protection of our customers’ proprietary information.
We are incredibly curious all around, whether it is people, technologies, or academics. Our curiosity fuels our ability to discover possibilities and make them a reality.
We believe that the world is full of opportunities, and even failures are opportunities. Our job is to identify the opportunities and leverage them to make a positive impact.
Not only does science reveal that the crux of creativity is in having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices, but it is also the right thing to do.
Contrary to popular belief, creativity is not free form. Creativity is served by free-form thinking and techniques, but we believe creativity is as much science as an art.
- You are self-driven and self-guided in your work, able to fill gaps in requirements and develop the best solution for the problem requirements at hand.
- You love to work with others to design and build cutting-edge software
- You keep up with emerging technologies and are curious to experiment
- You enjoy synthesizing solutions given ambiguous requirements to craft a concrete perspective and demonstrate the solution's effectiveness.
- You have a demonstrated ability to mentor junior engineers in engineering best practices, and guide them to their own solutions through effective non-critical questioning.
Why You Will Love It
- You will work with modern technologies!
- You will continually learn!
- You will work with other talented people!
- You will leverage your prior experiences to solve challenging and unique problems!
What You Will Do
- Work with the customers and stakeholders to understand their desired outcomes.
- Work with the team to break down complex features into manageable work
- Leverage your experience and expertise to guide team members through technical challenges and obstacles
- Design, develop, test, deploy, maintain and improve software
- Meet software quality and documentation expectations
- Work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with customer demands
- Stay up-to-date on technologies, frameworks, and development trends
- Make formal recommendations to customers and stakeholders
- Work with customers through the innovation process and transition prototypes/proofs-of-concept to their product and engineering teams
- Spend time with junior engineers as you guide them towards clean coding techniques, understanding and implementing design patterns, and effective debugging sessions
Preferred Skills and Experience
- 5+ years of experience in software development
- Technologies, not all required
- React Native
- C# / .Net
- Solid understanding of software patterns and best practices
- Experience using Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience building scalable platforms
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with deployment workflows and tools
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- $100 per month technology stipend
- $100 monthly health stipend (to apply to gym memberships, fitness classes, etc.)
- 401k with employer match
- Two weeks of paid time off (+ 14 company holidays, including your birthday, floating holiday, and Juneteenth)
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Pluralsight Subscription for ongoing learning and professional development