About the Company
The Engineered Innovation Group is growing and looking for a full-time DevOps Engineer with experience with Google Cloud Platform, Azure, and/or AWS. EIG is an innovation agency that aims to help organizations create new products and services that drive growth and a competitive edge. We have clients in the healthcare, SaaS, Web 3/Blockchain, and marketing industries.
Not only are we looking for a self-guided and energetic individual, but we are also looking for an individual that shares our company’s core values:
We build trusted relationships with our employees, contractors, customers, vendors, and partners. Trust encompasses delivering projects on time, quality work, and ensuring our customers’ proprietary information privacy and protection.
We are incredibly curious, whether it is people, technologies, or academics. Our curiosity fuels our ability to discover possibilities and make them a reality.
We believe that the world is full of opportunities, and even failures are opportunities. Our job is to identify the opportunities and leverage them to make a positive impact.
Not only does science reveal that the crux of creativity is in having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices, but it is also the right thing to do.
Contrary to popular belief, creativity is not free form. Creativity is served by free-form thinking and techniques, but we believe creativity is as much science as an art.
- You are a super-sleuth - you love to break things and see if they’re working as expected
- You are self-driven and self-guided in your work, able to fill gaps in requirements and develop the best solution for the problem requirements at hand
- You love to work with others to design and build cutting-edge software
- You keep up with emerging technologies and are curious to experiment
- You enjoy synthesizing solutions given ambiguous requirements to craft a concrete perspective and demonstrate the solution's effectiveness
- You enjoy learning from others and are a lifelong learner
Why You Will Love It
- You will work with modern technologies!
- You will work on a wide variety of projects!
- You will work with other talented people!
- You will leverage your prior experiences to solve challenging and unique problems!
- You will have opportunities to grow your career!
What You Will Do
- Work with the team to determine CI/CD pipeline and cloud infrastructure requirements for each project - requirements vary from customer to customer
- Build CI/CD pipelines and manage all configurations
- Build and maintain environment configuration and build scripts
- Work in a fast-paced environment to keep up with customer demands
- Structure deployments towards best security practices
- Stay up-to-date on technologies, frameworks, security and development trends
- Make informed recommendations to developers, customers and stakeholders
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Cloud Environments
- GCP, AWS, Azure (build & deploy)
- CI/CD Pipelines
- Database and Network management skills
- Application performance monitoring
- Source code management (Git/Github)
- Testing and QA automation
- Code Analysis, change management
- Threat Investigation
- Vulnerability assessment
- Build tools and deployment frameworks such as
- Terraform, Ansible, Puppet, Chef
- Azure DevOps
- Docker (engine & swarm), Kubernetes
- Database Technologies
- SQL & NoSQL variants
- Graph Databases (NEO4j)
- Programming languages and scripting skills
- Python, Ruby, PHP, C#/.Net
- Bash shell scripting
- Linux fundamentals (command line, file system, process management)
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- $100 per month technology stipend
- $100 monthly health stipend (to apply to gym memberships, fitness classes, etc.)
- 401k with employer match
- Two weeks of paid time off (+ 14 company holidays, including your birthday, floating holiday, and Juneteenth)
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Pluralsight Subscription for ongoing learning and professional development