Please note: This job posting is not for immediate hire but rather an opportunity to submit an application for future consideration.
At The Engineered Innovation Group, we’re passionate about building software that solves problems. We are searching for someone who brings fresh ideas, demonstrates a unique and informed viewpoint, and enjoys collaborating with a cross-functional team to develop real-world solutions and positive user experiences at every interaction.
Specifically, we are searching for a Machine Learning Engineer to help us define and build the next generation of features and products for our partners and clients.
About The Company
EIG is an innovation group that aims to help organizations create new products and services that drive growth and a competitive edge. We have clients in the healthcare, SaaS, sports, AI, supply chain, and marketing industries.
EIG is a small but growing innovation agency located in Indianapolis, IN. However, we believe that the best talent isn’t geographically centralized and remote work is our norm.
Our Core Values (And we take them seriously)
We build trusted relationships with our employees, contractors, customers, vendors, and partners. Trust encompasses delivering projects on time, quality work, and ensuring our customers’ proprietary information privacy and protection.
We are incredibly curious, whether it is people, technologies, or academics. Our curiosity fuels our ability to discover possibilities and make them a reality.
We believe that the world is full of opportunities, and even failures are opportunities. Our job is to identify the opportunities and leverage them to make a positive impact.
Not only does science reveal that the crux of creativity is in having a team of diverse backgrounds and voices, but it is also the right thing to do.
Contrary to popular belief, creativity is not free form. Creativity is served by free-form thinking and techniques, but we believe creativity is as much science as an art.
- You have hands-on experience training and implementing machine learning models using tools at scale, such as PyTorch, TensorFlow, Python and associated packages.
- You have a strong track record of taking new research ideas in Machine Learning into production.
- You have experience with model training, deployment, and serving using cloud environments and the associated tools and technologies.
- You understand the architecture and development workflow for large-scale batch and streaming machine learning systems.
- You’re insatiably curious and love learning new things and applying those learnings to your work
- You love to work across multiple projects and different industries
- You are comfortable working across various projects
- You have experience working with agile teams
- You’re able to work with offshore teams in various time zones
What You Will Do
- Develop, optimize, and deploy machine learning algorithms and models for various applications, such as natural language processing, computer vision, recommendation systems, and predictive analytics.
- Clean, preprocess, and transform large datasets to extract relevant features for training machine learning models.
- Implement state-of-the-art machine learning algorithms using popular frameworks and libraries such as Tensorflow/Keras, PyTorch, or scikit-learn. Train and fine-tune models using appropriate training techniques (e.g., supervised, unsupervised, reinforcement learning) and evaluate their performance using suitable metrics.
- Collaborate with software engineers and DevOps teams to deploy machine learning models into production environments. Ensure seamless integration of models with existing systems and optimize their performance in real-world scenarios.
- Conduct exploratory data analysis to gain insights and identify patterns or trends in the data. Communicate findings effectively through visualizations, reports, and presentations to stakeholders.
- Stay updated with the latest advancements in the field of machine learning, deep learning, and artificial intelligence. Evaluate and implement state-of-the-art techniques to improve model performance and solve complex business challenges.
- Collaborate with a multi-functional, agile team, spanning data science, design, product management, engineering, and domain experts, to understand requirements, develop solutions, and deliver high-quality products. Participate in code reviews, knowledge sharing sessions, and provide mentorship to junior team members when necessary.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Data Science, Machine Learning, or a similar field or related field of study
- 3+ years of real-world experience in a data science or machine learning engineering role
- Previous experience as a data scientist or machine learning engineer in a similar role
- Detailed knowledge of machine learning concepts and models, including modern deep learning frameworks
- Technical expertise in model development and deployment, data mining, and building data pipelines
- Strong development experience through hands-on coding in Python
- Hands-on experience with implementing models using scikit-learn, Tensorflow or PyTorch
- Strong understanding of MLOps best practices
- Strong numerical, statistical and analytical skills
- Experience and familiarity with at least one cloud platform; Google Cloud Platform (GCP) is a plus
- Exceptional verbal, written, and presentation skills.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team, including customer teams
- Health, vision, and dental insurance
- $100 per month technology stipend
- $100 monthly health stipend (to apply to gym memberships, fitness classes, etc.)
- Two weeks of paid time off (in addition to 13+ company holidays)
- Professional Development Reimbursement
- Parking stipend for employees who are in office 3+ days per week (Indianapolis only)