The Unit Director will directly supervise all unit staff, holding them accountable for the quality, quantity, and timeliness of the work functions of the unit and the competency and proficiency of the required documentation. Ensuring the five elements of Social Practice are followed.
AIM CENTER, INC.
JOB TITLE: Business Unit Director / Recovery Coach
JOB CLASSIFICATION: Full Time, Exempt
REPORTS TO: Program Director
SUPERVISES: Unit Support Staff
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: To perform those supervision and management functions necessary to the ongoing operation of the unit while carrying a caseload, working closely and collaboratively with members and staff. Creating hope, community, and social change while promoting recovery in the Clubhouse. All these things aid in enriching and celebrating the lives of people living with serious mental illness (SMI).
Here at the AIM Center, we envision an inclusive healthy community where all people living with SMI achieve their highest potential. We believe every person is capable of great things, deserves dignified and equitable treatment, and has the right to self-determination, opportunities, and a sense of belonging in a community.
The AIM Center, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES: The Unit Director will directly supervise all unit staff, holding them accountable for the quality, quantity, and timeliness of the work functions of the unit and the competency and proficiency of the required documentation. Ensuring the five elements of Social Practice are followed. The Unit Director may be called upon to work in conjunction with a variety of other senior staff, experienced members, and others to successfully fulfill the roles and functions of the job.
· Ability to provide open and honest feedback that promotes teamwork and personal growth when necessary, including following the disciplinary process guided by the Program Director.
· Being a role model for members and staff through engagement and working side-by-side with members. Performing unit tasks, participating in activities, and identifying individual strengths and talents to formulate a tightly meshed and supportive community.
· Ensure members have access to all necessary and desired opportunities up to and including assisting members with all aspects of community support services (including paid work, housing, and entitlements).
· Functions as an AWARDS Trainer for both unit staff and members to fulfill the data entry responsibilities of the Business Unit.
· Have a Bachelor’s Degree (Master’s Degree preferred) with at least three years of experience in mental health (Supervisory experience preferred).
· Be flexible, by demonstrating interchangeability with other staff on the unit, as well as throughout the Clubhouse, staying late or arriving early, if necessary, to fulfill unit or member needs.
· Excellent organizational and communication skills that promote unity within the unit. Communicating clearly and concisely, both verbally and in writing.
· Service-driven, utilizing a team approach, through building partnerships and alliances that start with the individuals and coalesce into stronger entities through a synergistic effect.
“The ideal candidate must be able to complete all physical requirements of the job with or without a reasonable accommodation.”
· Able to lift, carry, or otherwise move up to 30 pounds occasionally.
· Continuously requires vision, hearing, twisting, and talking. Frequently requires
fine dexterity, standing, and sitting. Occasionally requires walking, lifting, carrying, reaching, kneeling, pushing/pulling, bending, crouching, and climbing stairs.
Justice, Diversity, and Inclusion:
The AIM Center is committed to equitable practices, working intentionally, and promoting equity throughout the AIM Center as we live out our daily mission as a Clubhouse and part of a social justice movement. As an AIM Center employee, you must promote the implementation of anti-hate, anti-racist, anti-sexist, anti-LQBTQIA+, and anti-trans training and an inclusive supportive work environment.
$38,500 - $38,500 per year