Prepare and Cook food to meet customer dining demand.
Assistant Chef prepares and cooks food to meet customer demand. Assistant Chef utilizes skills to reduce food costs, stock overhead, and increase profits. In coordination with the Lead Chef and CEO, the Assistant Chef will create and modify receipts and modify menu offering to meet demand and maximize profits.
Assistant Chef coordinates with Lead Chef to maintain stocking levels of food and consumable supplies to perform daily duties. Assistant Chef assists Lead and Prep Chef in maintaining a clean, organized and safe work environment. Building security during and after work shifts is important and the Chef ensures storage and building access is restricted to authorized personnel. The Assistant Chef can direct assisting staff as needed to maximize efficiency, however is not a manager over any staff member and reports to the CEO.
· Prepare and cook food in a clean, safe and profitable manner.
· Use available stock economically.
· Ensure menu items are in stock and ready to meet customer demand.
· Ensure building and storage security
· Maintain a clean and orderly kitchen by washing dishes, sanitizing surfaces, taking out trash etc.
· Ensure all food and other items are stored properly
· Comply with nutrition and sanitation guidelines
· Perform other kitchen duties as assigned
· Proven Chef experience (Asian cuisine a plus)
· Knowledge of health and safety rules in a kitchen
· Manual dexterity able to operate cutting tools and kitchen utensils
· A team player with good communication skills
· Patient with an ability to stay positive under pressure
· Very good physical condition and endurance
· High school diploma or equivalent is desirable; Training from a culinary school will be an asset
· Must maintain a valid food handler’s permit issued by the state/city
Report any violations of food and safety
$15 - $18 per hour