- Accurately keeps track of TNOYS day-to-day financial transactions using QuickBooks Online and other systems or processes to document receipts, record payments, and reconcile bank and credit card statements monthly, and maintains supporting documentation and records associated with these functions (e.g., receipts, invoices, purchase orders, reports, etc.)
- Processes and tracks day-to-day finances, including staff purchase vouchers, staff travel vouchers, employee reimbursements, vendor invoices, utility payments, and company subscriptions.
- Utilizes Salesforce to help track payments for events such as TNOYS’ Annual Conference, listening session, and other revenue generating events.
- Works in coordination with the TNOYS Operations Manager, Accountant, Chief Operating Officer, and/or Chief Executive Officers, as appropriate, to ensure all financial transactions are completed in a timely fashion.
- Assists with accounts receivable processes, including tracking and receiving payments received via check or electronically, processing incoming payments, and preparation/completion of bank deposits.
- Assists with accounts payable processes, including facilitating approval of payments, helping prepare/execute payments by check or electronically (e.g., pays bills, executes payroll disbursements, etc.), ensuring payments are properly documented, and maintains supporting documentation associated with these functions.
- Supports the TNOYS Operations Team and Accountant as needed.
Office Management & Operations:
- Serve as the point person for day-to-day office management, such as ordering supplies and troubleshooting office issues.
- Takes physical inventory of supplies and equipment, oversees the process by which a ledger of the inventory is maintained and updated, orders depleted supplies (with approval) as needed, maintains office equipment, and manages access and security for valuables and technology equipment).
- Coordinates employee access to TNOYS’ storage unit and meeting spaces.
- Coordinates logistics for in-person meetings and interviews as needed (e.g., staff meetings, management meetings, board meetings, etc.)
- Assists TNOYS staff as needed with the planning and organization of employee-focused events and programs including coordination of travel, event space, supplies, etc.
- Manages general TNOYS email addresses (as assigned), including monitoring inboxes, directing emails to staff as appropriate, organizing and sorting email, and filing email electronically.
- Monitors and manages physical mail and packages, including receiving, sorting, and arranging for the delivery of mail and packages to TNOYS staff.
- Maintains and updates staff directory with current contact information and the TNOYS organizational chart.
- Maintains TNOYS’ organizational and operational files (physical and electronic), which includes but is not limited nonprofit tax documents, lease documents, warranties, historical records, policies and forms, and other institutional documents. This includes performing system back-ups as needed regarding TNOYS’ IT systems (e.g., payroll records).
- Serves as the primary point of contact for granting access to most of TNOYS’ technology systems and accounts (e.g., Gmail, Google Drive, DropBox, etc.), providing basic troubleshooting support (e.g., password resets), and directing staff members to appropriate troubleshooting resources as needed.
- Supports the TNOYS Operations Manager and hiring managers (as needed), with facilitating the TNOYS onboarding process for new team members (e.g., correspondence with candidates/new hires, scheduling interviews, providing/receiving paperwork, creating personnel files, filing onboarding documentation, etc.)
- Supports the TNOYS Operations Manager with maintaining personnel files to ensure they contain proper documents and are compliant with applicable legal requirements, including but not limited to evaluations, performance reviews, and status change paperwork.
- Supports the TNOYS Operations Manager as needed to ensure staff payments are accurate and completed timely.
- Maintains up-to-date records of TNOYS benefits information (e.g., health insurance, dental) and provides benefits information (or contact information to benefits providers) to TNOYS staff upon request.
- This position will take on other administrative and operational duties as assigned to support implementation of specific TNOYS programs and initiatives.
- An exceptional eye for detail and accuracy and persistent follow-through skills.
- Proven ability to organize, prioritize, and complete multiple types of tasks that vary in complexity (e.g., data entry, administrative work, etc.).
- Ability to develop plans, set goals, solve problems, and achieve objectives under tight deadlines and in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to communicate complex information (orally and in writing) effectively and clearly to all levels within an organization.
- Proficient using mathematics and computing figures accurately.
- Ability to use good judgment when protecting confidential and sensitive information.
- Has an eagerness to learn, adapt, and improve processes by researching and suggesting new ideas.
- Enjoys being a key contributor to a strong team.
- Experience with accounting software (e.g., QuickBooks).
- Experience with common business applications (e.g., Google Docs/Sheets, Excel, etc.).
Salary & Benefits:
Annual salary ranging from $40,000 to $49,000 depending on qualifications. TNOYS offers a comprehensive benefits package, including medical and dental coverage, sick and vacation leave, paid holiday hours, etc.
How to Apply:
To apply, please submit your resume and a cover letter (as one PDF file) via the link provided in this job posting.
The mission of Texas Network of Youth Services (TNOYS) is to strengthen services and support for Texas youth and families to help them overcome challenges to achieve healthy development. TNOYS is a statewide network organization comprised of individuals and organizations who share a vision where all youth and young adults (YYAs) in Texas are valued, their strengths are recognized, their voices are heard and respected, and they have access to the resources, support, and opportunities they need to meet their goals.
TNOYS’ work is guided by the following approaches to comprehensive systems change:
Policy: TNOYS advocates for public policies and priorities to strengthen youth and families.
Practice: TNOYS’ provides training and program development services that ensure those in the field and on the front lines are fully equipped to provide the highest quality services to meet the complex needs of youth and families they serve.
Partnership: TNOYS works in partnership with young people to demonstrate what youth are capable of when they have opportunities to use their voices and when people invest in them.
TNOYS is an equal employment opportunity employer and strongly encourages diverse candidates to apply. TNOYS does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religious creed, sex (including pregnancy), gender, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, medical condition including genetic characteristics, mental or physical disability, veteran status, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, (including transgender status), weight, height, linguistic characteristics (such as accent and limited English proficiency, where not substantially job-related), citizenship status, or any other basis prohibited by law.